U.S. WWI M1917 Trench Knife with Scabbard - Marked LF&C 1917
New Made Item: This is a high quality reproduction of the first US issue trench knife. The M1917 has a wood handle, triangular stiletto blade, and leather scabbard with standard GI Pistol belt hook attachment.
- Triangular 9" black steel blade
- Steel guard marked: LF&C 1917
- Wood handle
- Leather scabbard with steel throat marked: Jewell - 1918
- Standard pistol belt brass attachment hook
The first official U.S. trench knife adopted for service issue was the U.S. M1917 trench knife designed by Henry Disston & Sons, and based on examples of trench knives then in service with the French Army. The M1917 featured a triangular stiletto blade, wooden grip, metal knuckle guard, and a rounded pommel. The M1917 proved unsatisfactory in service, and a slightly improved version, the M1918, was adopted within months. Despite this, the M1918 is almost identical to the M1917, differing primarily in the construction and appearance of the knuckle guard. Usable only as stabbing weapons, the M1917 and M1918 frequently suffered broken blades. Their limited utility and general unpopularity caused the AEF to empanel a testing board in 1918 to test various trench knives and select a replacement.
This product is not available for shipping in US state(s)
Alaska, Arkansas, Armed Forces Americas, Armed Forces Europe, Armed Forces Pacific, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont, Washington
This product is not available for international shipping.
- Prohibited and therefore not available for shipment to the following states: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont, and Washington. Also not permitted through the Armed Forces Mail Service. Please check all local laws and restrictions before ordering.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon