U.S. Vietnam War M60 Airsoft AEG Machine Gun
The M60 machine gun began development in the late 1940s as a program for a new, lighter 7.62 mm machine gun. It was derived from German machine guns of World War II (most notably the FG 42 and to a lesser extent the MG 42), but it contained American innovations as well. Early prototypes, notably the T52 and T161 bore a close resemblance to both the M1941 Johnson machine gun and the FG-42. It was intended to replace the M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle and M1919A6 Browning machine gun in the squad automatic weapon role, and in the medium machine gun role.
The U.S. Army officially adopted the M60 in 1957. It later served in the Vietnam War as a squad automatic weapon with many U.S. units. Every soldier in the rifle squad would carry an additional 200 linked rounds of ammunition for the M60, a spare barrel, or both. The up-gunned M113 armored personnel carrier ACAV added two M60 gunners beside the main .50 caliber machine gun, and the Patrol Boat, River had one in addition to two .50 cal mounts.
During the Vietnam War, the M60 received the nickname "The Pig" due to its size.
This product is not available for shipping in US state(s)
Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Wisconsin
This product is not available for international shipping.
- This item is completely legal within the USA. International Military Antiques, Inc observes all Federal, State and Local laws. Everything for sale on ima-usa.com is completely legal to own, trade, transport and sell within the United States of America. Every display machinegun and machine gun parts set and gun sold by IMA, Inc is engineered to be inoperable according to guidelines provided by the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATF).
Muzzle of barrel has RED PLUG as required by US LAW. Not available for export or in some US locations. This is a replica display gun that can never be engineered to fire a live round therefore no license of any kind is required to purchase this item.
Imitation New Made Inert Gun Laws:-
CALIFORNIA and KANSAS:
Imitation Firearms, regardless of date, may only be shipped:
1. In conjunction with a frame or presentation box; or
2. Solely for export in interstate or foreign commerce; or
3. Solely for use in theatrical or re-enactment productions; or
4. For use in certified sporting events or competitions; or
5. For use in military or civil defense or ceremonial activities; or
6. For public display authorized by public or private schools:
CONNECTICUT, MASSACHUSETTS, WISCONSIN and MINNESOTA:
All replicas of antique firearms (pre-1898) are allowed. We will not ship replicas of modern firearms (post-1898) to these states.
NEW YORK STATE AND PUERTO RICO:
Replicas of antique firearms (pre-1898) are allowed. We will only ship replicas of modern firearms (post-1898) to theatrical, re-enactment, military, police or other government accounts.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon