Out of Fuel and Safely Home by Robert Taylor - Masterworks Giclee on Canvas Edition #29 of 100
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. Limited Edition 29 of 100 ever made! Giclee on Canvas Edition signed by the Artist Robert Taylor and 5 distinguished B-17 Bomber aircrew:
- Colonel William Lawley MOH
- Lieutenant Colonel Jim Barker
- Lieutenant Colonel Richard T Headrick
- Colonel D Litsinger
- First Lieutenant LA Mitchell
Having been badly damaged by flak and enemy fighters, and almost out of fuel after a grueling eight hour mission over Europe, the Pilot of this B-17 Flying Fortress makes a forced landing in the safety of an English cornfield.
To the relief of the crew, a pair of P-51 Mustangs have escorted the damaged aircraft back across the North Sea and although not the intended landing place, the Mustang Pilots peel off as they see their charge safely back on friendly soil.
This Giclee on Canvas is beautifully framed and offered in excellent condition. When these were originally released to the market over 20 years ago they cost $695/ea unframed!
This example comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and informational sales flyer.
Measures W 32" x L 22" x H 1 1/2".
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle