Original WWII to Cold War Helmet Lot East German, Finnish, Bulgarian - 6 Items
Original Items: Only One Set Available. This is a very nice collection of helmets from various time periods and countries. All helmets are complete with liners and are offered in great condition. This is a wonderful lot to pick up if you are looking to either start collecting helmets or are just wanting to add these really nice examples to your already existing ones.
The following six helmets are included in this lot:
- U.S. M1 Helmet Liner
- U.S. Front Seam Swivel Bale M1 Helmet with Helmet Net: It has the correct stainless steel rim for a WWII helmet, and the welds look to be the smaller Schlueter style, though they have been painted over, so we cannot be sure. The liner is a post war example by Westinghouse, and has no sweatband. The chin strap has been replaced with a type that we have not seen before.
- Original Cold War East German M56/76 VOPO Steel Combat Helmet: It came to called the "Vopo helmet" largely by circumstance: Most photographs seen in the West of armed East German personnel were of the border guards, a division of the People's Police (Volks Polizei). Because the Vopos were tasked with preventing the escape of East Germans to the West, and ended up shooting a good number of escapees, photojournalists took countless pictures of them during the cold war, and their most distinguishing mark was the B/II M56 helmet.
- German Finnish M40/55 Helmet with Recent Repaint: This is one of the WWII type M40 steel combat helmets that were produced by German WWII helmet manufacturer Hans Römer Fabrik from Neu-Ulm (Donau-Freiberg). Supplied throughout WWII and then under special contract for the Finnish Army in 1955, hence, they have become known as the M40/55 helmet. However, these helmets were made in the same factory, on the same machines and by some of the very same people that produced them for Germany in WWII.
- Bulgarian WWII M36/A Steel Combat Helmet with Navy Paint: This is the Bulgarian Model 36/A steel helmet with a rolled edge; two vent holes and six rivets. This model was the first type of the Model 36 ever produced. This first of three patterns of helmets produced for the Bulgarian army before World War II. They were in use long after WWII, so the liner and chin strap are most likely replacements.
This is a wonderful opportunity to add 6 beautiful helmets to your collections. All come ready for display!
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle