Original WWII Japanese Bring Back Grouping - 3 Flags, IJN Talley, Rank Insignia, 10 Yen Note & Document
Original Items: One-of-a-kind-set. This is a true US soldier's bring back collection from World War Two. After the war ended many USGIs were stationed in Japan, and had access to all kinds of military items, as well as souvenir items from Japan.
The wonderful set is comprised of the following:
- Original Japanese Signed WWII Hinomaru (日の丸, the "circle of the sun") Small Good luck flag. Known as known ashinomaru yosegaki (日の丸 寄せ書き) in the Japanese language, this example is a very displayable 9" x 13", and is marked with 久 長 運 武, which reads Bu un Chou kyu ("May your military fortunes be long lasting.") on the right hand side, written bottom to top. There are also the names of friends and family radiating out from the "sun" in the center. The phrase hinomaru-yosegaki can be interpreted as "To write sideways around the red sun", describing the appearance of the signed flag.
- Original Japanese WWII Hinomaru (日の丸, the "circle of the sun") Small Good luck flag. Known as known ashinomaru yosegaki (日の丸 寄せ書き) in the Japanese language, this example is a very displayable 14" x 15", and is marked with 久 長 運 武, which reads Bu un Chou kyu ("May your military fortunes be long lasting.") on the left hand side, written bottom to top. This is a very typical marking for a good luck flag.
- Original Japanese WWII Hinomaru (日の丸, the "circle of the sun") Small "meatball" flag, which looks to be made of silk. It shows light staining and measures 23" x 28, and still has intact corner reinforcements.
- Original Japanese WWII Imperial Japanese Naval Tally, now detached from the sailor's cap it was originally mounted on. Interestingly, it has two Imperial Japanese Army Collar tabs for the 曹長 (Sōchō) rank, equivalent to a U.S. Sergeant Major. We do not know if this was done during the war, or by a USGI after the war.
- Original WWII Imperial Japanese Army Shoulder Rank Insignia for a 軍曹 (Gunsō), and NCO rank equivalent to a U.S. Sergeant. The retainer on the back is present, but missing the end clip.
- One Original Japanese WWII Ten Yen Propaganda Note No. 2034.
- One Japanese WWII Propaganda flyer measuring 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".
This is a great start to any WWII Japanese collection, with some very good research potential!
- This product is not available for international shipping.
- This item is completely legal within the USA. International Military Antiques, Inc observes all Federal, State and Local laws. Everything for sale on ima-usa.com is completely legal to own, trade, transport and sell within the United States of America. Every display machinegun and machine gun parts set and gun sold by IMA, Inc is engineered to be inoperable according to guidelines provided by the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATF).
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle