Original U.S. & British WWI & WWII Brodie & Paratrooper Helmet Lot - 3 Items
Original Items: Only One Lot of 3 Available. This is a very interesting lot of three British & U.S. WWI / WWII Style helmets, which look to be original WWI and WWII manufacture, but due to condition many do not have legible markings. They also do not really completely conform to the usual helmets that we see, and look to have been interwar or post war modifications. Definitely some interesting research potential in this set!
The set includes:
- One British WWII Style "Paratrooper" Helmet shell, which is fitted with a brodie style BMB (Briggs Motor Body) marked 1944 dated liner in size 7 1/4. We have not been able to identify exactly what type of helmet this is, but it definitely appears to be British WWII manufacture. The body is non-magnetic manganese steel, while the rim is magnetic.
- One U.S. WWI M1917 "Doughboy" helmet with textured exterior paint marked with lot 240 / ZD on the edge, so it is one of the U.S. produced helmets. It is fitted with a very interesting liner, which looks to be interwar style, or possibly non military. The body is non-magnetic manganese steel, while the rim is magnetic.
- One British WWII Style "Brodie" helmet, fitted with an interesting leather fitted Brodie type liner. We can see some markings on the liner but they are partly covered by the melted rubber top pad. The chin strap is a post WWII style, and the elastic is completely deteriorated. The body is non-magnetic manganese steel, while the rim is magnetic.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle