Original WWI French Infantry Collection - M-1915 Adrian Helmet, Field Gear, Personal Items
Original Items: Only Ones Available. Collection of WWI French Items which include a complete M-1915 Infantry Adrian Helmet, Haversack, Canvas Water Bucket, Berthier Carbine Bayonet, Entrenching Tool and Personal Items. Great grouping of items for the WWI collection!
- M-1915 Adrian Helmet, complete with original 2nd Model Liner and leather chinstrap, and flaming bomb Infantry insignia affixed to the front. Helmet still retains its original period “Horizon Blue” Paint. A Veteran’s Plaque has been attached to the visor, which was popular with veterans in the 1920s.
- Model 1892 Infantry Haversack. Each Infantryman was issued two. This particular example is well worn, but in solid condition with its original shoulder strap and adjustment buckle.
- French Issue Collapsible Canvas Water Bucket, as per issued one per squad in the French Army during WWI. Very good condition with illegible markings.
- Entrenching Tool. Similar to the German model. No markings.
- Mle 1892 Berthier Carbine Sword Bayonet. Near relic condition with signs of corrosion. Bayonet can slide in and out of its scabbard freely.
- Personal Items; including a French Soldier’s Private Purchase Pocket Knife (Has a penknife blade, saw blade, and a marlin spike/sewing awl), Three Postcards featuring French artillery, a pair of spectacles, A French manufactured Straight Razor with Celluloid Handles and original case, and a fantastic pocket watch case that mimics the appearance of a Model 1877 Canteen (Bidon).
The M15 Adrian helmet (French: Casque Adrian) was a combat helmet issued to the French Army during World War I. It was the first standard helmet of the French Army and was designed when millions of French troops were engaged in trench warfare, and head wounds from the falling shrapnel generated by the new technique of indirect fire became a frequent cause of battlefield casualties. Introduced in 1915, it was the first modern steel helmet and it served as the basic helmet of many armies well into the 1930s. Initially issued to infantry soldiers, in modified form they were also issued to cavalry and tank crews. A subsequent version, the M26, was used during World War II.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle