Original USGI Bring Back German WWII NSDAP Felt Wool Armband with 8 Attached Badges
Original Item: Only One Available. This is a very nice Original German WWII Pre / Early War Style National Socialist Party Armband, brought home by a U.S.G.I. after the war. The National Socialist German Workers' Party (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, abbreviated NSDAP), commonly known in English as the NSDAP Party, was a political party in Germany between 1919 and 1945. It was known as the German Workers' Party (DAP) before the name was changed in 1920.
The party's last leader, AH, was appointed Chancellor of Germany by president Paul von Hindenburg in 1933. AH rapidly established a totalitarian regime known as the Third Reich.
This standard armband was worn by party members, and was also worn by many service members, the SA, and other personnel during the war. It is definitely one of the rarer early war types, with a wool felt band, sewn over at the edges. These were quickly replaced with more resilient cotton examples. The armband features a white fabric circle, which feels like cotton, sewn on, which has an embroidered& Swas machine woven onto it. It is in good condition, and measures approximately 16" x 4 3/4", with the ends sewn together in the back.
There is wear and some moth damage to the red felt, as well as light age toning to the white, but it still looks great. There are also a few tears at the edge, which look to be from wear.
Attached to the armband are 8 badges, some of which are actually somewhat rare. The USGI that brought this back, as with many, was probably stationed in Germany after the surrender, and was able to pick up a lot of badges, pins, and other items.
The items attached to this armband are the following:
- One Imperial German WWI Hollow Back Silver Wound Badge - Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber.
- One German WWII Plastic Unit Pennant in the rosa (rose-pink) Waffenfarbe (Corps color), which indicates Armored Panzer Tank Service.
- One German WWII HJ Enamel Cap Badge by Franz Schmidt of Gablonz am Neckar, marked RZM M1/163.
- TWO German WWII DAF Labor Front - Deutsche Arbeitsfront membership pins
- One German WWII DAF Labor Front - Deutsche Arbeitsfront Brass Stick Pin
- One German WWII DAF Labor Front - Deutsche Arbeitsfront Plastic Sports Tinnie
- One German WWII National Socialist War Victim's Care NSKOV plastic donation Pin
A rare early type of NSDAP armband with some great bring back items, ready to add to your collection!
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon