Original U.S. WWII USMC Battle of Iwo Jima Named 4th Marine Division Grouping - Corporal Frank Pepe
Original Items: One-of-a-kind set. USMC Corporal FRANK J. PEPE USMC serial number 800894 was a member of the 25th Marine Regiment (25th Marines) in the 4th Marine Division of the United States Marine Corps and participated in some of the most well known battles in the Pacific Theatre during WWII. He was wounded on February 26th, 1945 during the Battle of IWO JIMA and received a purple heart for wounds received in action against the enemy.
31 March, 1945
My dear Mr. and Mrs. Pepe:
A report has just been received that your son, Private First Class Frank J. Pepe, USMC, sustained a shrapnel wound of the knee in action against the enemy on 26 February, 1945 at Iwo Jima, Volcano Islands. The report further states that he was removed for medical treatment.
Your anxiety is realized and you may be sure that any additional information received will be forwarded to you at the earliest possible moment. Meanwhile, you have been furnished all the facts available, and you will help this Headquarters send out subsequent reports promptly if you will write only to notify this office of any change in your address.
Major, U.S. Marines Corps.
Included in this wonderful grouping are the following items:
- Service "A" uniform jacket, also known as the "pickle suit". Correct EGA collar pins and USMC buttons. The ribbon bars include the following awards: Purple Heart, Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal Ribbon with one Bronze Star, Navy Presidential Unit Citation Ribbon with one Bronze Star. Features corporal chevrons on each sleeve and a beautiful 4th Marine Division patch on the left shoulder. Jacket is named in the interior armpit F.J PEPE.
- Service "A" uniform jacket, also known as the "pickle suit" named in armpit to PEPE.
- 2 x khaki cotton service shirts.
- "Stuff bag" stenciled with PEPE's name.
- Binder of over 20 copies of original wartime documents including enlistment record, Enlisted Man's Qualification's Card, Orders, Correspondence, Pay Record, Photos, Fingerprints, Professional and Conduct record, Medal and Decoration award certificates, and the Purple Heart Certificate that named IWO JIMA and the letter to his parents about his wounds on IWO JIMA.
- Dedicated and Signed edition of IWO JIMA - THE YOUNG HEROES by Anthony Muscarella. The dedication reads: To: Frank Pepe 2E-25 a old buddy from way back. God grant you & yours Love, happiness & health each day. Semper Fi Tony. Tony Mascarella 2E-25.
- Copy of the wound letter from Major RouthA well documented grouping from a Marine in the 25th Marine Regiment (25th Marines), 4th Marine Division who participated in, and was wounded during, the most famous battle of the Pacific during World War Two.
This product is available for international shipping.
Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Affirm