Original U.S. WWII US Navy Shore Patrol Uniform Grouping - 9 Items
Original Items: Only One Group of 9 Available. Shore patrol are service members who are provided to aid in security for the United States Navy, United States Coast Guard, United States Marine Corps, and the British Royal Navy while on shore. They are often temporarily assigned personnel who receive limited training in law enforcement and are commonly armed with a baton. Their primary function is to make certain that Sailors, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen on liberty do not become too rowdy. They will also provide assistance for Department of the Navy and U.S. Coast Guard uniformed personnel in relations with the civilian courts and police.
The Items In This Grouping:
- US Navy Seaman Dress Blue Service Uniform: The uniform consists of a Jumper, Trousers and Cap (6 ⅞). All 3 items are in great condition with minor moth nips present. The cap shows signs of light wear and staining on the leather sweatband. The trousers appear to have a name stenciled in white, but unfortunately we are unable to read it.
- X2 Shore Patrol Armbands: The armbands are; 1 yellow and 1 “Navy” blue. The yellow armband features black embroidered “SP” and is secured in the back with 2 snap buttons. The blue armband features a separate wool “SP” stitched onto the front. The securing method for the second armband is safety pins. Both are in great condition.
- Whistle W/ Lanyard: The whistle is marked with U.S.N. / 1944 and in great condition. The white lanyard has minor age toning present but is still in lovely condition.
- Unmarked Brass Hand Bell: We are uncertain as to the particular use of this bell, generally they were used as an “all clear” alert method. This bell was more than likely used for alerting other sailors or authorities in the event “back up” was needed. The bell still functions properly and the wood handle is complete and without extensive damage.
- Nautical “Fog” / Alert Horn: This would have been mounted on a wall, more than likely by a guard shack or on a ship’s quarterdeck. The brass reed is still intact and the horn itself still works.
- M1923 Cartridge Belt: This belt started its life as a regular khaki cartridge belt but was overdyed blue for use in a US Navy uniform. The belt is in great condition with all brass hardware still retaining almost all original blackening.
This is a beautiful shore patrol uniform set. You will most likely not encounter another set like this again.
Comes more than ready for further research and display!
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle