Original U.S. WWII US Coast Guard Uniform and Photo Album Grouping Attributed to Steward First Class Eugene Williams
Original Items: Only One Grouping Available. This is a lovely grouping for an African-American member of the United States Coast Guard. Eugene Williams served as a Steward and appears to have been aboard many ships and did serve overseas in the Pacific Theater. We have not been able to locate any service information on him, making for a wonderful research opportunity!
The steward department consists of service staff and generally refers to the galley (kitchens). The main duties of these crew members are to prepare and serve meals for the ship’s crew and conducting general housekeeping aboard the ship.
The Grouping Consists of the Following:
- “Chef’s” Service Dress White Uniform Top: As expected with any white uniform, there is staining and age toning present. The uniform still retains all gilt buttons, 3 ribbon bar and Steward 2nd Class rank insignia.
- “Victory Club Album” Photo Album: This leather bound album features countless photos and newspaper clippings from his time in service. Many of the pages and pictures do have captions present and tells a story in its own. There are a few images from his time at Pearl Harbor and Hawaii in general with a few of the images containing nudity.
- Honorable Discharge: He was discharged from the USCG out of Detroit, Michigan on September 14, 1945.
- Insignia: The insignia consists of multiple wide style ribbons, USCG collar device and captured Japanese insignia.
- Photographs: The photographs are beautiful and separate from the album itself. The most interesting picture is of Williams and his shipmates posing for a photograph with a captured, battle worn Japanese “good luck” flag.
A lovely grouping that comes more than ready for further research and display.
Collar to shoulder: 10"
Shoulder to sleeve: 24.5”
Shoulder to shoulder: 18.5”
Chest width: 19.5”
Waist width: 20.5"
Hip width: 23”
Front length: 33"
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle