Original U.S. WWII US Army Medic Side Medical Pouch with Contents
Original Items: Only One Set Available. On any World War II battlefield, you could find thousands of men trained and ready to do one thing, fight. For roughly every 500 fighting men, there would be 30 or less trained and ready to do an entirely different mission: save lives. These were the battlefield medics.
On D-Day, dozens of medics went into battle on the beaches of Normandy, usually without a weapon. The large red cross on their helmets was supposed to “protect them”, and Germans usually, but not always, respected that convention. Even aside from the threat of direct enemy fire, being a medic was a dangerous assignment; shell fire and shrapnel drew no distinction between combatants and noncombatants.
This is a wonderful kit which comes full of original contents. This kit originally consisted of a Left and Right pouch, both having different contents. They would have been issued completely filled in their respective “side”, but soldiers and medics alike would rearrange contents of their issued gear how they saw fit, “user preference”.
The Contents of this Pouch Include The following:
- x3 Small Carlisle Bandages
- x1 Large Carlisle Bandages
- x1 Large Battle Dressing
- x1 Pack of 10 Ammonia Inhalants (5 Present)
- x1 4x4 Bandage Compress
- x1 Sublimated Gauze
- x1 Pack of (3) Eye Dressing Packets
- x2 Gauze Bandage 2” x 6yds
- x1 Large Field Brown Dressing (Carlisle)
- x1 Bottle of Water Purification Tablets
- x1 White Cross Flannel Bandage
- x1 3” x 5yds Adhesive Tape
- x1 Petrolatum Gauze Dressing
All items are in good condition and the kit comes more than ready for further research and display.
Idiot Clause - the contents of this kit are pre-1945 manufacture and are NOT suitable for use. They are being sold as novelty collector pieces only.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle