Original U.S. WWII Thompson M1928A1 Submachine Gun Display Receiver
Original Item: Very Few Available. This is a magnificent ATF approved full length non-firing display receiver built from excellent genuine WWII Thompson M1928A1 flame cut receiver parts and reassembled into a beautiful example. Featuring all original nomenclature and markings. Every part on this display receiver is original WW2 manufacture other than 2 inches of the receiver. This is the perfect solution for displaying your 1928 parts set or full auto transferable gun in a safe manner.
- ATF "non-gun" status approval (letter on file at IMA).
- Original WWII markings and nomenclature
- Replicated Thompson Bolt Welded in the forward position with replica actuator.
- Pre-fitted and tested on a 1928A1 lower and butt stock to make sure it will fit on your genuine M1928A1 parts set, regardless some fitting may be required.
NOTE: These display receivers have intact barrel threads. Original Thompson guns had the sight fitted last, after the barrel was installed. This means that a sight already installed on a barrel will almost certainly not line up correctly, and will need to be refitted. These are built to order, and during times of peak demand there unfortunately can be a 1-2 week delay prior to shipment.
The Thompson 1928 sub machine gun is perhaps the most recognizable firearm of World War II, made famous by the Airborne Troops of the 101st and 82nd Airborne Divisions. This military model differs from the original commercial model in its 20 round magazine and its horizontal foregrip. Though heavy by today's standards, the weight helped control the .45 caliber bursts when operated on full automatic.
The Thompson submachine was invented by John T. Thompson in 1919 and became infamous during the Prohibition era. It was a common sight of the time, being used by both law enforcement officers and criminals. The Thompson was also known informally as: the "Tommy Gun," the "Trench Broom," the "Trench Sweeper," the "Chicago Piano," the "Chicago Typewriter," and the "Chopper." The Thompson was favored by soldiers, criminals and police alike for its ergonomics, compactness, large .45 ACP cartridges, and high volume of automatic fire and among civilian collectors for its historical significance.
Many new made replica and Airsoft Thompsons flood the market today, but this is an opportunity to own a true piece of history, a genuine WW2 Thompson receiver in wonderful condition and totally legal to own in the USA by federal law without any type of license.
This product is not available for shipping in US state(s)
New Jersey, Washington
This product is not available for international shipping.
- This item is completely legal within the USA. International Military Antiques, Inc observes all Federal, State and Local laws. Everything for sale on ima-usa.com is completely legal to own, trade, transport and sell within the United States of America. Every display machinegun and machine gun parts set and gun sold by IMA, Inc is engineered to be inoperable according to guidelines provided by the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATF).
Deactivated magazine will be sent if shipped to the following states due to high capacity magazine restrictions:
California - 10 round maximum for all magazines.
Connecticut - 10 round maximum for all magazines.
Hawaii - 10 round maximum for all magazines.
Maryland - 20 round maximum for all magazines.
Massachusetts - 10 round maximum for all magazines
New Jersey - 15 round maximum for all magazines.
New York- 7 round maximum for all magazines.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon