Original U.S. WWII Thompson M1928A1 Display Submachine Gun Serial No. A.O. 63757 - Original WWII Parts
Original Item: Only One Available. This is a magnificent display gun built from excellent genuine WWII Thompson M-1928 parts and reassembled with a beautiful non-firing BATF approved original reassembled WWII issue Thompson receiver. Every part on this display gun is original WWII manufacture other than 2 inches of the receiver (as required by BATF).
Original WW2 parts include:
- 80% original reassembled ATF approved non-firing receiver (complete with original arsenal markings!) - Serial No. A.O. 63757, indicating production by Savage, the largest producer of Thompson guns during the war.
- Detachable Walnut Butt Stock with Cross Pin.
- Complete Lower Frame Assembly with original serial number NO.S - 365275
- 10.5" Finned Barrel
- Cutts compensator with patent markings
- Walnut Pistol Grip
- Fixed rear L-sight.
- Walnut Horizontal Fore Grip
- 30 Round Deactivated Magazine
This example is typical of the mid-war issue M1928A1 guns, which replaced the delicate adjustable Lyman sight to a simple L sight. It has beautifully finished walnut furniture that has that red brown color only achieved after years of age.
Ready to add to your collection and display!
The Thompson 1928 sub machine gun is perhaps the most recognizable firearm of World War II, made famous by the Airborne Troops of the 101st and 82nd Airborne Divisions. This military model differs from the original commercial model in its 20 round magazine and its horizontal foregrip. Though heavy by today's standards, the weight helped control the .45 caliber bursts when operated on full automatic.
The Thompson submachine was invented by John T. Thompson in 1919 and became infamous during the Prohibition era. It was a common sight of the time, being used by both law enforcement officers and criminals. The Thompson was also known informally as: the "Tommy Gun," the "Trench Broom," the "Trench Sweeper," the "Chicago Piano," the "Chicago Typewriter," and the "Chopper." The Thompson was favored by soldiers, criminals and police alike for its ergonomics, compactness, large .45 ACP cartridges, and high volume of automatic fire and among civilian collectors for its historical significance.
Many new made replica and Airsoft Thompsons flood the market today, but this is an opportunity to own a true piece of history, a genuine WWII Thompson receiver in wonderful condition and totally legal to own in the USA by federal law without any type of license.
This product is not available for shipping in US state(s)
New Jersey, Washington
This product is not available for international shipping.
- This item is completely legal within the USA. International Military Antiques, Inc observes all Federal, State and Local laws. Everything for sale on ima-usa.com is completely legal to own, trade, transport and sell within the United States of America. Every display machinegun and machine gun parts set and gun sold by IMA, Inc is engineered to be inoperable according to guidelines provided by the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATF).
Deactivated magazine will be sent where live magazine is not permitted.
High Capacity Magazine Laws & Restrictions
Due to State & Federal law we do not ship magazines that exceed the following capacities to the following locations, and a deactivated magazine will be sent:
California - 10 round maximum for all magazines.
Colorado - 15 round maximum for all magazines.
Connecticut - 10 round maximum for all magazines.
Hawaii - 10 round maximum for all magazines.
Illinois - 15 round maximum for Chicago and Aurora. 10 round maximum for Oak Park and Cook County.
Maryland - 20 round maximum for all magazines.
Massachusetts - 10 round maximum for all magazines
New Jersey - 10 round maximum for all magazines.
New York- 7 round maximum for all magazines.
Washington, D.C. - 10 round maximum for all magazines.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon