Original U.S. WWII Thompson M1928A1 Display SMG Marked TOMMY GUN - Original WW2 Parts
Original Item: Only One Available. This is a magnificent display gun built from excellent genuine WWII Thompson M-1928 parts and reassembled with a beautiful non-firing BATF approved original reassembled WWII issue Thompson receiver. Every part on this display gun is original WW2 manufacture other than 2 inches of the receiver (as required by BATF) and the reproduction sling. This example has also been fitted with an early-issue Lyman Adjustable sight, and not the later stamped steel L-sight.
Original WW2 parts include:
- 80% original reassembled ATF approved non-firing receiver (complete with markings!) - Original Serial No. S - 179448. This receiver also is marked TOMMY GUN on the top of the receiver, in front of the sight, and the A1 In the model number was added after the main stamping. This indicates very early and possible pre WW2 production.
- Detachable Walnut Butt Stock
- Complete Lower Frame Assembly - Original Serial NO.S - 444956 (struck through)
- 10.5" Finned Barrel
- Cutts compensator with patent markings
- Walnut Pistol Grip
- Early Issue Lyman Adjustable Ladder Sight
- Walnut Horizontal Fore Grip
- 20 Round Magazine (where permitted)
The Thompson 1928 sub machine gun is perhaps the most recognizable firearm of World War II, made famous by the Airborne Troops of the 101st and 82nd Airborne Divisions. This military model differs from the original commercial model in its 20 round magazine and its horizontal foregrip. Though heavy by today's standards, the weight helped control the .45 caliber bursts when operated on full automatic.
The Thompson submachine was invented by John T. Thompson in 1919 and became infamous during the Prohibition era. It was a common sight of the time, being used by both law enforcement officers and criminals. The Thompson was also known informally as: the "Tommy Gun," the "Trench Broom," the "Trench Sweeper," the "Chicago Piano," the "Chicago Typewriter," and the "Chopper." The Thompson was favored by soldiers, criminals and police alike for its ergonomics, compactness, large .45 ACP cartridges, and high volume of automatic fire and among civilian collectors for its historical significance.
Many new made replica and Airsoft Thompsons flood the market today, but this is an opportunity to own a true piece of history, a genuine WW2 Thompson receiver in wonderful condition and totally legal to own in the USA by federal law without any type of license.
- This product is not available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon