Original U.S. WWII Set of Four Felt Identification Armbands - MP, SP, and Two USAAF Observer
Original Items: Only One Set of Four Available. This is a wonderful set of four felt identification armbands from WWII. These were used to clearly identify both civilians and service personnel who were involved in specific tasks.
This set consists of:
- TWO WWII issue USAAF Air Warning Service Observer blue wool felt embroidered armbands in NOS condition. These were issued to authorized personnel whose responsibility it was to watch the skies for an incoming German or Japanese attack. Each measures approximately 18" x 4".
- One WWII Military Police (MP) armband in red wool felt with yellow letters. This example shows light service wear, with some mothing. It measures about 18" x 4", and features three snaps on the end, with two sets of male snaps for two sizes.
- One WWII Shore Patrol (SP) armband in dark navy blue felt with yellow letters. The Shore patrol was equivalent to the U.S. Army Military Police, and handled shore-side security for the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, and Marine Corps. Measures approximately 17" x 4", and shows light wear, with some mothing on the letters.
A very nice colorful set, ready to display!
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle