Original U.S. WWII Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron 16 Collection
Original Items: One-of-a-kind-set. Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron 16 participated in the Aleutian campaign from August 1943 to May 1944. Transferred to the Southwest Pacific, the squadron had action at Mios Woendi, Dutch New Guinea; Mindoro, P.I.; and Brunei Bay, Borneo. It also based for a time at Dreger Harbor, New Guinea, and San Pedro Bay, P.I., but had no action from these bases. As part of Task Unit 70.1.4, Squadron 16 was awarded the Navy Unit Commendation for action at Mindoro from December 15 to 19, 1944.
This is a collection of memorabilia associated with Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron 16 which consists of the following items:
- 2 double sided heavy cardboard backed full color PT boa images in battle. One of which reads "SWEDE CARLSEN" Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron 16, From the Aleutians to the Philippines and goes onto list all ports where they were stationed in World War Two. The boards measure 18" x 13" and appear to have been part of a larger book.
- Various Japanese data plates
- Portion of a Japanese military wool blanket.
- Small American flag banner.
Overall a unique hard to find WW2 PT boat collection.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle