Original U.S. WWII Model M2 Browning .50 cal Ammunition Can
Original Item: Offered empty. Standard .50 Caliber ammunition can as used in WWII, with AMMUNITION BOX .50 M2 impressed into the metal side. Designed to hold 105 rounds of .50 cal linked ammunition. Complete with hinged top and collapsible carry handle.
Notable features include:
- Steel material with welded seams, made in several different patterns.
- Top edge hinge consists of rolled small tubes attached to the body of the box and matching pins attached to the lid.
- Side-opening hinged lid, removable by sliding the lid pins off the hinge tubes.
- Metal bar handle attached to the lid by rectangular wire loops so it can fold flat for stacking or lift up for easy carry.
- A wire loop on lid edge is engaged by a latch panel to clamp the lid down.
- Rubber gasket under lid makes the box almost waterproof when clamped closed.
- Wire loop on the end panel to mount the box to a machine gun.
- Top and sides have embossed recessed areas for added strength.
These ammo cans are becoming increasingly hard to find. Makers and markings will vary.
The dimensions of the M2 .50 cal. ammo can are approximately 7.5 inches high, 6 inches wide, and 12.25 inches long.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle