Original U.S. WWII Field Gear Set: M1923 Garand Belt, M1928 Pack, Canteen, Medic Pouch & More
Original Item: Only One Available. This is a very nice U.S. WWII Field Gear set, containing a lot of the items that a typical U.S. Army soldier might be outfitted with in the field. All components are U.S. marked as well as maker marked, and some have dates.
This set consists of one each of the following:
- Original U.S. WWII Issue M1928 Haversack, manufactured by the Hamilton Scheu & Walsh Shoe Co. in 1942. This design was much like the M1910 version that preceded it, however it has two bottom straps for securing to a pistol or ammunition belt. This example is in good service worn condition, and attached to the top flap is a very detachable pouch for the U.S. "Meat Can" style mess tin (not included)
- Original U.S. issue O.D. Green Wool blanket, folded and wrapped inside of the haversack
- Original U.S. WWI/WWII Issue M1910 Canteen in infantry carrier. The aluminum WWI canteens were still quite usable, so many were reissued for use during WWII. The canteen and cup are both fully non magnetic, made of mostly aluminum, while the handle for the cup looks to be a nickel alloy. Both are marked and dated U.S. / L.F.&C. / 1918, for the Landers, Frary & Clark company of New Britain, CT. This company manufactured a multitude of items, including trench knives, for the military. The carrier is not dated, but does have several names written inside.
- Original U.S. WWII M1942 large Medical pouch by the American Awning Company, dated 1943. The pouch is in very good shape, and still contains an original unopened CARLISLE MODEL bandage in the original tin. This pouch could also accommodate larger bandage designs.
Tying this set together is a very nice 1943 dated original US Army issue OD Green canvas 10-Pocket ammunition belt for use with both Springfield and Garand Rifles. Officially designated the "Belt, Cartridge, Cal .30, Dismounted, M-1923", it was originally adopted when stocks of the M-1910 belt were exhausted after World War I. The belt was designed as part of the infantryman's load carrying system, anchoring the M-1910 haversack and later the M-1928 infantry pack. It has ten pockets for clips of .30-caliber ammunition for the M1903 Springfield, M-1917 Enfield, and later M1 Garand rifle. The M1903 and M1917 rifles using 5 round stripper clips (two per pocket, total of 100 rounds) while the M1 Garand used a single eight shot clip per pocket (total 80 rounds).
This version of the belt has an additional securing strap inside each pocket, which provides additional security for Garand En Bloc clips, or in the case of stripper clips, prevents the second stripper clip from falling out when the first one is removed.
Three part construction, with belt sizing strap in center of back, originals are very hard to find on the market today. This belt saw service in the war, and possibly post war, but overall is still in excellent condition and does no show any major wear or damage. It is manufacturer marked ATLAS MFG CO. over a 1943 date.
A very Nice WWII U.S. Army field gear set, ready to complete your WWII Loadout set!
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle