Original U.S. WWII Era 377th Field Artillery Battalion Embroidered Flag - 41 x 28
Original Item: Only One Available. This is an exceptional heavily embroidered flag for the 377th Field Artillery Regiment. Based on the construction quality, method of stitching and material used, we believe it dates just after WWII as the regiment was made inactive on November 30th, 1945. The flag reads:
FIRMITER ET FIDELITER
377TH FIELD ARTILLERY
it features the Distinctive Unit Insignia of the 377th Parachute Field Artillery Battalion (377th PFAB). It is offered in exception condition and measures 41 inches x 28 inches with an additional 2 inches of yellow tassel.
World War II
First activated on 16 August 1942 at Camp Claiborne, Louisiana, as the 377th Parachute Field Artillery Battalion (377th PFAB). The 377th PFAB, under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Benjamin Weisberg, participated in the development of doctrine for the employment of Parachute Artillery. After training in the United States, the battalion sailed to England, arriving in Liverpool on 18 October 1943. During late 1943 and early 1944, the battalion participated in training in preparation for Operation Overlord.
On 6 June 1944, the 377th PFAB participated in Operation Overlord, the Normandy Invasion, parachuting onto Drop Zone A east of St. Mere Eglise in support of the 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment. The drop went poorly, and the battalion lost 11 of its 12 75mm pack howitzers. The Paratroopers of the battalion fought as infantrymen until replacement howitzers arrived on 14 June 1944. The battalion executive officer, Major Louis H. Cotton, was wounded during the drop and had to be evacuated.
During Operation Market, the 377th PFAB landed on 19 September 1944 (D+2), occupied firing positions at the landing zone, and supported 1/506th PIR's defense against a German counterattack near Zon, as well as the 502nd PIR's attack from Best toward St. Oedenrode. The battalion remained near St. Oedenrode until it was withdrawn with the division to Camp Mourmelon in France.
Post-World War II
Inactivated on 30 November 1945 after the war's end, the 377th was redesignated on 18 June 1948 as the 515th Airborne Field Artillery Battalion, allotted to the Regular Army on 25 June 1948, and activated at Camp Breckinridge, Kentucky, as part of the 101st, then serving as a training division that was Airborne in name only.
This product is available for international shipping.
Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Affirm