Original U.S. WWII Army Signal Corps AN/PRS-1 Mine Detector Set in Chest - Dated 1944
Original Item: Only One Set Available. Excellent condition 1944 dated U.S. Army Signal Corps mine detector set AN/PRS-1. It comes in the original chest that measures 28 x 15 x 9 1/2 inches. The AN/PRS-1 mine detector is a late WWII metallic and non-metallic mine detector. It used a 280 to 320 Mhz signal to detect non-uniformities in the ground. According to the technical manual, TM11-1151, it is meant to detect anti-tank mines buried less than 7.5 inches below ground.
The complete AN-PRS-1 set as originally issued would consist of
- CY-90/PRS-1 Carrying Case dated 1944
- AM-32/PRS-1 Amplifier Assembly
- Detector Head Assembly DT-5 (including antenna parts)
- 2 Explorer Rod Extensions MX 125
- Resonator M-356 / Plug PL-54 (Not Included)
- Headset HS-30 / Transformer C-410 / Plug PL-54 (Not Included)
- 3 Everready 45 V Batteries
- 1 Everready 6 V Heating Battery
- TM11-1151 War Department Technical Manual dated 15 APRIL 1944
The batteries from this set are still in the case, something we do not often see. Also, the resonator is not present in this set. The manual is present, though falling apart a bit. The handle for the detector head is unfortunately not included, and the wiring ends have been pulled out of one of the missing components.
The inside of the transit chest is marked:
DETECTOR SET AN / PRS-1
SERIAL NO. 9121 ORDER No.-26721-PHILA-44-08
FEDERAL TELEPHONE & RADIO CORP.
According to Technical Manual TM11-1151 it is meant to detect anti-tank mines that are buried less than 7,5 inch below ground. The transmitter operates at a frequency of 280-320 MHz.
We do not know if this unit is operational and it is not sold as such. It is definitely missing some of the usual components, please review the photos for what is included.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle