Original U.S. WWII Army Air Force Aviator Flight Helmet Set - Polaroid B-8 Goggles, A-14 Mask, E-1 Heater and A-11 Helmet
Original Items: Only One Set Available. This is a wonderful opportunity to pick up a complete headgear set up for an Army Air Forces pilot from WWII! The United States Army Air Forces (USAAF or AAF) was the major land-based aerial warfare service component of the United States Army and de facto aerial warfare service branch of the United States during and immediately after World War II (1941–1945). It was created on 20 June 1941 as successor to the previous United States Army Air Corps and is the direct predecessor of the United States Air Force, today one of the six armed forces of the United States. The AAF was a component of the United States Army, which on 2 March 1942 was divided functionally by executive order into three autonomous forces: the Army Ground Forces, the United States Army Services of Supply (which in 1943 became the Army Service Forces), and the Army Air Forces. Each of these forces had a commanding general who reported directly to the Army Chief of Staff.
This Wonderful Set Consists of:
- WWII USAAF Leather flight helmet type A-11 made by Swann Shoe Co Size Small offered in good condition.
- WWII USAAF headset receiver ANB-H-I by Utah-Chicago with all wiring in very good condition.
- WWII Army Air Forces Polaroid Aviation B-8 Goggles: Clear amber Lenses
- WWII USAAF Oxygen Mask Type A-14 manufactured by the Ohio Chemical Mfg. Co offered in great condition.
- Type E-1 Electric Oxygen Mask Heater by General Electric in good condition
An incredibly beautiful U.S. Army Air Force leather flying helmet set that will display wonderfully!
United States Army Air Forces Type A-11 Intermediate Flying Helmet; seal brown cape leather exterior shell with black rubber earphone cups; missing black rubber earphone plugs or Type ANB-H-1 Radio Headphone Receiver; chamois lining and ear pads; cap leather and chamois buckle chin strap; turn down brow flap; three brass snaps for oxygen mask located on the left and right chin of the helmet; leather buckle strap on the back nap of the helmet to adjust the helmet size; three leather straps on back of helmet to hold the flight goggle's strap; double reinforced seam on each side of helmet; dark white sewn in manufacturer's tag on inside back neck of the helmet with embroidered red letter text; white stenciled Army Air Forces winged star insignia with white letter text "ARMY AIR FORCES" below insignia on left exterior side of helmet.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle