Original U.S. WWII Army Air Force Aviator Flight Helmet Set - AN6530 Goggles, A-14 Mask, A-11 Helmet
- WWII Pilot Goggles, model AN6530 by THE CHAS. FISCHER SPRING CO. offered in very good condition with clear tint lenses.
- WWII USAAF Leather flight helmet type A-11 made by FOX CHASE KNITTING MILLS Inc Size Medium offered in excellent condition.
- WWII USAAF ANB-H-1 Receiver Headphones by WESTERN ELECTRIC in very good condition, installed into the helmet. We have no way to verify functionality, but they look to be in good shape.
- WWII USAAF Oxygen Mask Type A-14 manufactured by the Ohio Chemical & Mfg. Co offered in very good condition. Note one strap is separated and pinned together for display purposes.
An incredible very good to excellent condition U.S. Army Air Force leather flying helmet set set that will not be encountered again! Ready to display!
The Type A-11 intermediate flying helmet was standardized on August 6, 1943 and became one of the most popular and widely utilized helmets during World War II. There were numerous but minor changes relating to the oxygen mask attachments made during its production run but continued to keep the A-11 designation. The rubber earphone mountings were designated for the Type ANB-H-1 radio receiver. The helmet remained in Air Force service during the Korean War. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) continued to use the helmet in high altitude training through the mid-1970s.
United States Army Air Forces Type A-11 Intermediate Flying Helmet; seal brown cape leather exterior shell with black rubber earphone cups; missing black rubber earphone plugs or Type ANB-H-1 Radio Headphone Receiver; chamois lining and ear pads; cap leather and chamois buckle chin strap; turn down brow flap; three brass snaps for oxygen mask located on the left and right chin of the helmet; leather buckle strap on the back nap of the helmet to adjust the helmet size; three leather straps on back of helmet to hold the flight goggle's strap; double reinforced seam on each side of helmet; dark white sewn in manufacturer's tag on inside back neck of the helmet with embroidered red letter text; white stenciled Army Air Forces winged star insignia with white letter text "ARMY AIR FORCES" below insignia on left exterior side of helmet.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle