Original U.S. WWII Army Air Force Aviator Flight Helmet Set
Original Items: Only One Set Available. Purchased from the family of a WW2 veteran, this amazing set, near mint condition set is comprised of-
- WWII Pilot Goggles, model ANG6530 by American Optical Company offered in excellent condition.
- WWII USAAF Leather flight helmet type A-11 made by the Selby Shoe Company Size Extra Large offered in near mint condition.
- WWII USAAF headset receiver ANB-H-I by Best MFG Co of Irving NJ with all wiring in perfect condition.
- WWII USAAF Oxygen Mask Type A-14 manufactured by Bulbulico, the Ohio Chemical Mfg. Co offered in near mint condition.
An incredible near mint U.S. Army Air Force leather flying helmet set set that will not be encountered again!
The Type A-11 intermediate flying helmet was standardized on August 6, 1943 and became one of the most popular and widely utilized helmets during World War II. There were numerous but minor changes relating to the oxygen mask attachments made during its production run but continued to keep the A-11 designation. The rubber earphone mountings were designated for the Type ANB-H-1 radio receiver. The helmet remained in Air Force service during the Korean War. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) continued to use the helmet in high altitude training through the mid-1970s.
United States Army Air Forces Type A-11 Intermediate Flying Helmet; seal brown cape leather exterior shell with black rubber earphone cups; missing black rubber earphone plugs or Type ANB-H-1 Radio Headphone Receiver; chamois lining and ear pads; cap leather and chamois buckle chin strap; turn down brow flap; three brass snaps for oxygen mask located on the left and right chin of the helmet; leather buckle strap on the back nap of the helmet to adjust the helmet size; three leather straps on back of helmet to hold the flight goggle's strap; double reinforced seam on each side of helmet; dark white sewn in manufacturer's tag on inside back neck of the helmet with embroidered red letter text; white stenciled Army Air Forces winged star insignia with white letter text "ARMY AIR FORCES" below insignia on left exterior side of helmet.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle