Original U.S. WWII USAAF Army Air Corps & Forces Shoulder Patch Collection - Set of 23
Original Items: One Set of 23 Patches. This is a fantastic set of Original WWII patch from the the U.S. Army Air Corps & U.S. Army Air Forces, the predecessor organizations of the modern day U.S. Air Forces. The U.S. Army Air Corps (USAAC) existed from 1926 to 1942, and from 1941 onward was succeeded by the U.S. Army Air Forces, which absorbed all of the units in the USAAC. In 1947, the USAAF was then formally made an independent branch of the U.S. Armed Forces as the U.S. Air Force.
After this, many of the units in the USAAF were renamed and/or had their patches redesigned. These patches were only in use for a short time, which makes them somewhat difficult to come by, especially in a nice complete set like this.
This set consists of:
- One U.S. Army Air Corps Patch, a round patch which has a three armed blue spiral on a yellow background
- One U.S. Army Air Forces Patch, a round patch with a white star with a red circle in the middle, topped with gold wings.
- All SIXTEEN Patches from the various Air Forces under the USAAF. This includes the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, and 20th Air Forces.
- FIVE USAAF "Specialist" patches, which indicated the function of the individual. Included are the Communications, Weather, Engineering/Mechanic, Photography, and Weapons Specialists.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle