Original U.S. WWII 29th Infantry Division Grouping Featuring X2 Purple Hearts and Silver Star - 28 Items
Original Items: Only One Lot of 28 Items Available. Now this is a fantastic collection of items that belonged to a soldier from the famed “Blue and Gray” 29th Infantry Division! There are a total of 28 items in this grouping including 2 Purple Heart Medals (1 Numbered), a Silver Star Medal and even a Dog Tag! This is a wonderful opportunity for the 29th ID collector to add some more items to their displays!
The Items In This Lot:
- x2 Purple Heart Medals and 1 Ribbon: The cased Purple Heart Medal is a replacement medal and comes with an original lapel device. Both items are in wonderful condition as is the case. The numbered purple heart bears the number 183990 and is a 1942 contract by Rex Products. The 1942 REX PRODUCTS Purple Heart Medals are numbered on the lower left side in the range of 100000-400000, Made of Bronze with Gold Gilt. Enamel, lacquer, & polished phenolic resin heart, & slot brooch.
- Silver Star Medal: The medal is WWII production but is unnamed and unnumbered. There is minor age toning to the ribbon, but this is still a lovely example.
- x4 Army Good Conduct Medals and Ribbons: This assortment consists of 1 unissued replacement example still in the original blue box, 2 worn examples and 1 worn example of a separate ribbon.
- x2 Ribbon Bars: The ribbons present are the American Campaign and Good Conduct on one bar and the other is an American Campaign with WWII Victory.
- x4 Uniform Removed 29th ID Patches and PFC Chevrons: The 2 29th SSI are in lovely condition with minor fading present. The 2 PFC chevrons are in excellent condition with minor moth nips present on the black wool border.
- Marksmanship Badge: The badge is for a Rifle Sharpshooter. Worn condition and marked Sterling on the back.
- Ruptured Duck Honorable Discharge Lapel Device: Great condition with minor tarnishing.
- French Fourragere: Shows no signs of being worn, great condition.
- x4 Allied MIlitary Currency and 1 German Beer Coupon: All 5 items are in lovely condition and able to be read completely.
- Issued Travel Sewing Kit: The kit appears to be complete with thimble, thread and needles.
- Combat Infantry Badge: This is an interesting variant. It is marked Sterling on the reverse and one of the posts is threaded while the other is a regular pin back.
- x2 Pocket Books and 1 Map: The books feature a 1941 dated Army song book, 1944 dated Pocket Guide To Germany. The map is a 1945 dated Red Cross map of Paris.
- Dog Tag: The tag is for Richard H. Koch (ASN: 33169899).
This is a lovely collection of items that comes more than ready for further research and display.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon