Original U.S. WWII 1944 Army Signal Corps AN/PRS-1 Mine Detector Set in Chest
Original Item: Only One Set Available. Very good condition 1944 dated U.S. Army Signal Corps mine detector set AN/PRS-1. It comes in the original chest that measures 28 x 15 x 9 1/2 inches. The AN/PRS-1 mine detector is a late WWII metallic and non-metallic mine detector. It used a 280 to 320 Mhz signal to detect non-uniformities in the ground. According to the technical manual, TM11-1151, it is meant to detect anti-tank mines buried less than 7.5 inches below ground.
The complete AN-PRS-1 set as originally issued would consist of
- CY-90/PRS-1 Carrying Case dated 1944
- AM-32/PRS-1 Amplifier Assembly
- Detector Head Assembly DT-5 (including antenna parts)
- 2 Explorer Rod Extensions MX 125
- Resonator M-356 / Plug PL-54 (Not Included)
- Headset HS-30 / Transformer C-410 / Plug PL-54 (Not Included)
- 3 Everready 45 V Batteries
- 1 Everready 6 V Heating Battery
- TM11-1151 War Department Technical Manual dated 15 APRIL 1944
This set is nearly complete with extra tubes but no manual. Please see photos to see exactly what is included.
The outside of the transit chest is marked:
AN / PRS-1
SERIAL NO. 2767
According to Technical Manual TM11-1151 it is meant to detect anti-tank mines that are buried less than 7,5 inch below ground. The transmitter operates at a frequency of 280-320 MHz.
We do not know if this unit is operational and it is not sold as such. It is definitely missing some of the usual components, please review the photos for what is included.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle