Original U.S. WWI M-1910 Pistol Belt Rig Featuring M1916 Holster for 1911 .45 Automatic, Magazine Pouch, Carlisle Bandage Pouch With Bandage and Complete Canteen Set - All 1917 and 1918 Dated
Original Items: Only One Set Available. This is a wonderful M-1910 pistol belt rig, set up for what was seen being carried by Officers and Non-Commissioned Officers alike. The rig is very attractive and iconic to the US Military during both World Wars!
With the U.S. entry into World War I, the Model 1910 equipment experiences some distinctive changes. The color of the equipment went from olive drab to drab (khaki) to accommodate commercial manufacturers who had difficulty matching the olive drab dye, but even the drab color soon weathered to an off white. The eagle snaps gave way to lift-the-dot fasteners on both the cartridge belt and the canteen cover, and manufacturing techniques were somewhat simplified.
The Set Consists of the Following Original Items:
- M1910 Pistol Belt: The belt is stamped but is too faded to read unfortunately. The Belt is in fantastic condition, with the webbing not exhibiting any signs of dry rot, tears, or unsightly damage. The brass hardware still retains some of its original blacking.
- M1916 Holster: The holster is in great shape, with only light staining, and retains its original russet leather color, having never had oil applied which would darken the leather. The leather is slightly stiff from age. The reverse is maker marked very faintly with BOYT and is dated 1917.
- M1911 Double Magazine Pouch dated 1918: Free of damage and looks to have seen very little use in service. It is marked on the inside “MILLS June 1917”.
- M1910 First Aid Packet Pouch With Bandage: Free of damage with minor fading, marked with a manufacturer but the ink smudged making it difficult to read, but is dated 1918. The bandage is still in it’s original 1918 contract dated tin and was produced by Bauer & Black.
- M1910 Canteen Set With Canteen, Cup and Pouch: All three items are free of any extensive damage and are clearly marked. The pouch was manufactured by the KEMPER THOMAS CO and is dated 1916. The canteen is a welded seam example and was produced by L.F. & C. in 1918 and so was the cup.
This lovely, iconic set comes more than ready for display.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle