Original U.S. WWI 33rd Infantry Division Named Grouping - Arthur Kasdorf
Original Items: One-of-a-kind Set. Private First Class Arthur Earl Kasdorf ASN 2056131 from Fairfield Ohio was born in 1895 and ws drafted when he was 21. He served in the Company A, 132nd Infantry Regiment, 33rd Infantry Division. He fought in World War One in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive and the Second Battle of the Somme. This collection of his Army issue uniform and other gear was recently acquired from the Bob Ford collection, with Mr. Ford having acquired the group directly from Arthur Kasdor's widow in 1985.
The 132nd Infantry Regiment was organized from other Illinois militia units, namely the Illinois 2d Infantry Regiment, and activated on July 21, 1917. Assigned to the 33rd Infantry Division, it was redesignated on 12 October 1917 as the 132nd Infantry Regiment and trained at Camp Logan, TX. Sent overseas in May 1918, the 132nd participated in the Battle of Hamel, the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, and the 1918 Somme offensive. Included in this wonderful Great War Grouping are the following pieces:
- Multiple letters from Mrs. Kasdorf to Bob Ford describing her husband's service in WWI.
- Army tunic with 33rd Infantry Division insignia on left shoulder, private chevron, overseas chevrons, B Company Collar disc. Tunic is approximately a size 36 US. This also appears to be the exact same tunic as is in the photograph of Pvt. Kasdorf.
- Fantastic M1917 Helmet with wonderful hand painted and 33rd Division Insignia to front. Helmet retains complete liner and chinstrap.
- Original dog tags (2) which read PVT Arthur E. Kasdorf 2056131 USA.
- Original Brass ID bracelet engraved Arthur E. Kasdorf 2056131 - 1918 World War.
- Original Purple Heart Medal.
- Original framed World War I print entitled “Columbia Gives to her Son the Accolade of the New Chivalry of Humanity." Named to Arthur E. Kasdorf. Designed by E.H. Blashfield in 1919 andsigned by President Woodrow Wilson, these were given to soldiers who were wounded in action during World War I. At the bottom is the soldier’s name in calligraphy.
- Original Croix de Guerre medal.
- Original Roll of Honor naming Kasdorf and his fellow soldiers and dated 1917.
- Multiple original period photographs with Kasdorf wearing this very uniform.
- Original Honorable Discharge with leather cover. The discharge acmes the campaigns he fought in and the dates he was in service overseas.
- Overseas Garrison cap.
- Gas mask in bag named to Arthur E. Kasdorf 2056131.
- Original American Red Cross ditty bag with shaving kits, buttons, sewing things and broken German Iron Cross.
- Silk flag Souvenir of France Pillow Sham.
- Large bubble glass photo of Kasdorf in uniform.
- Mess kit initialed AEK
- Original wartime documents, pamphlets, post card, correspondence, and much more!Overall a wonderful set with full provenance of a U.S. Solider in the Allied Expedition Force that fought in WW1. Fantastic!
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle