Original U.S. Civil Defense, Law Enforcement and Security Guard Cap Badge Collection - 5 Items
Original Items: Only One Lot of 5 Available. A badge is a device or accessory, often containing the insignia of an organization, which is presented or displayed to indicate some feat of service, a special accomplishment, a symbol of authority granted by taking an oath (e.g., police and fire), a sign of legitimate employment or student status, or as a simple means of identification. They are also used in advertising, publicity, and for branding purposes. Police badges date back to medieval times when knights wore a coat of arms representing their allegiances and loyalty.
Badges can be made from metal, plastic, leather, textile, rubber, etc., and they are commonly attached to clothing, bags, footwear, vehicles, home electrical equipment, etc. Textile badges or patches can be either woven or embroidered, and can be attached by gluing, ironing-on, sewing or applique.
Badges have become highly collectable: in the UK, for example, the Badge Collectors' Circle has been in existence since 1980.
The Badges In This Lot:
- WWII Era Illinois Civil Defense Police Cap Badge: World War II, which the United States entered after the Attack on Pearl Harbor, was characterized by a significantly greater use of civil defense. Even before the attack, the Council of National Defense was reactivated by President Roosevelt and created the Division of State and Local Cooperation to further assist the Council's efforts. Thus, the civil defense of World War II began very much as a continuation of that of World War I. Very soon, however, the idea of local and state councils bearing a significant burden became viewed as untenable and more responsibility was vested at the federal level with the creation of the Office of Civilian Defense (OCD) within the Office of Emergency Planning (OEP) in the Executive Office of the President (EOP) on May 20, 1941. The OCD was originally headed by New York Mayor Fiorello La Guardia and was charged with promoting protective measures and elevating national morale.
- Deerfield Beach, Florida Patrolman Cap Badge: The City of Deerfield Beach, located in Northeast Broward County was incorporated in 1925. Deerfield Beach covers approximately 16.5 square miles, and is home to over 73,000 residents. The city is primarily a residential community and offers commercial development such as shopping facilities, office buildings, restaurants, tourist lodgings, and light industry. The City of Deerfield Beach strives to provide services and a quality of life that helps residents enjoy the lifestyle of South Florida and prosper in an ever-growing international economy.
- Prince William County, Virginia Police Department Cap Badge: Prince William County Police Department (PWCPD) is a county police department in Prince William County, Virginia, United States. PWCPD has primary jurisdiction in all towns within the county, including Dumfries, Occoquan, Haymarket, and Quantico, which also have their own police departments. The County Police department also has limited enforcement jurisdiction in the independent city of Manassas through a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Suffolk County, NY Police Detective Suffolk Detectives Association Lapel Device: The Suffolk County Police Department (SCPD) provides police services to 5 of the 10 Towns in Suffolk County, New York. It is one of the largest police agencies in the United States, with approximately 2500 sworn officers. The SDA is a fraternal organization for retired Suffolk County Detectives.
- Special Officer Yesterday’s Inc: We believe this to be an in store security officer badge.
A lovely assortment of items ready for further research and display.
False representation as a law enforcement officer is completely illegal, no matter the context. An individual who wears police articles of clothing, including uniforms, IDs, patches, or buttons as a form of impersonation can be convicted of this crime as well.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle