Original Soviet WWII DShK Heavy Machine Gun Shoulder Stock Assembly
Original Item: Only four sets available.
The Soviet M.38 12,7mm DSHK Heavy Machine Gun was the Russian equivalent to the .50 Cal Browning. It was their primary heavy Machine Gun of the Second World War and was updated just after the War with the adoption of the M46 version.
One of the hardest accessories to find for this weapon is the detachable Shoulder Stock assembly constructed of steel piping and twin leather covered recoil pads used mostly for Anti Aircraft Fire.
We have found just four original sets of these early WW2 Shoulder Stock assemblies that come ready to attach". All show some wear to the leather but are still an extremely rare find.
Background of the DShk- The Degtyaryov-Shpagin Large-Calibre is a Soviet heavy machine gun firing the 12.7×108mm cartridge. The weapon was also used as a heavy infantry machine gun, in which case it was frequently deployed with a two-wheeled mounting and a single-sheet armour-plate shield. It took its name from the weapons designers Vasily Degtyaryov, who designed the original weapon, and Georgi Shpagin, who improved the cartridge feed mechanism. It is sometimes nicknamed Dushka (lit. "Sweetie", "Dear"), from the abbreviation.
The requirement for a heavy machine gun appeared in 1929. The first such gun, the Degtyaryov, Krupnokalibernyi (DK, Degtyaryov, Large calibre), was built in 1930 and this gun was produced in small quantities from 1933 to 1935.
The gun was fed from a drum magazine of only thirty rounds, and had a poor rate of fire. Shpagin developed a belt feed mechanism to fit to the DK giving rise, in 1938, to the adoption of the gun as the DShK 1938. This became the standard Soviet heavy machine gun in World War II.
Like its U.S. equivalent, the M2 Browning, the DShK 1938 was used in several roles. As an anti-aircraft weapon it was mounted on pintle and tripod mounts, and on a triple mount on the GAZ-AA truck. Late in the war, it was mounted on the cupolas of IS-2 tanks and ISU-152 self-propelled guns. As an infantry heavy support weapon it used a two-wheeled trolley, similar to that developed by Sokolov for the 1910 Maxim gun. It was also mounted in vehicle turrets, for example, in the T-40 light amphibious tank.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon