Original Soviet Union WWII to Cold War Era Medals Lot - 6 Items
Original Items: Only One Lot of 6 Available. Awards and decorations of the Soviet Union are decorations from the former Soviet Union that recognised achievements and personal accomplishments, both military and civilian. Some of the awards, decorations, and orders were discontinued after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, while others are still issued by the Russian Federation as of 2021. Many of the awards were simply reworked in the Russian Federation, such as the transition of Hero of the Soviet Union to Hero of the Russian Federation, and Hero of Socialist Labour to Hero of Labour of the Russian Federation. A wide range of Soviet awards and decorations cover the extensive and diverse period of history from 1917 to 1991.
The items features in this lot:
- Order of the Red Banner: The Order of the Red Banner recognised military deeds. Before the establishment of the Order of Lenin, the Order of the Red Banner functioned as the highest (and practically the only) military order of the USSR. Practically all well-known Soviet commanders became Cavaliers of the Order of the Red Banner. Also awarded to NKVD personnel.
- Order of Glory: The Order of Glory, modeled closely upon the Tsarist Cross of St. George, was awarded to non-commissioned officers and soldiers of the armed forces, as well as junior lieutenants of the air force, for bravery in the face of the enemy. A person initially received the third degree, and would subsequently be promoted to higher degrees for further acts of bravery.
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour: This order was established as the civilian counterpart of the military Order of the Red Banner and was awarded for exceptional working achievements.
- Order of the Badge of Honour: This order conferred on citizens of the USSR for "outstanding achievements in production, scientific research and social, cultural and other forms of social activity". It was replaced on 28 December 1988 by the Order of Honour, with an almost identical appearance.
- Order of Labour Glory 3rd class: Closely modeled on the Order of Glory, this order was meant to be its civilian counterpart, awarded for exceptional labor achievements. In the same way as the Order of Glory, it was divided in three classes (the highest being the first class), with a person initially receiving the third degree, and subsequently promoted to higher degrees for further achievements. It also gave a certain number of material benefits to their owners, such as increased pension raises and free public transport.
- Medal "For Courage": The Medal for Courage was awarded for personal courage and valor displayed in defending the socialist motherland during the performance of military duties, for "acts of bravery during a battle, during the defense of the state borders or during military duties associated with risk to life".
All items are in wonderful condition and come more than ready for further research and display.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle