Original Soviet Eastern Bloc Military and Police Visor Lot - Formerly Part the Tower of London Yeoman Warders Club Collection - 6 Items
Original Items: Only One Lot of 6 Available. IMA recently acquired a collection of headgear from the Yeoman Warders (aka “Beefeaters”) Club located at the Tower of London. The club has a strict policy of allowing only members of the Yeoman Warders and their guests entry. It has become a tradition over the years for visiting guests with any current or prior military or police service to leave one of their pieces of headgear. Over the years this collection has grown too large, leaving the Warders to liquidate the collection to IMA! Making this a truly exclusive offering!
The Visor Hats Included in this Lot are:
- Soviet Union Air Force Conscript/Kursant Parade-Walking Out Visor : There are no devices present on the visor, making it difficult to determine who wore this, there is however plenty of cyrillic writing on the inside. The visor is a size 56 and dated 1987. Conscripts and cadets at Air Force commissioning schools would have worn this cap as part of their parade/walking out uniform.
- Soviet Union Militia
- Officer/Militiaman Service/Parade Visor: In 1977 the MVD changed the cap cockade from the 18-leaf emblem to the smaller 10-leaf emblem shown here. From that date, the basic gray Militia cap remained unchanged until the end of the Soviet Union. The crown and band of this cap are identical to the earlier ones but this 1986-dated version has the larger plastic visor standardized in the 1980s. The gold filigree cords and two-piece metal buttons remained the same. The M77 Militia cockade is in one piece, made of anodized aluminum with painted colors on the Great Seal of the USSR in the center. This cockade may have been produced for a short time in two pieces - but those pieces known to exist may also just be M58 Army wreaths with a fluted Police cockade attached. This is the most common of the police caps encountered. Comes in a size 55.
- Post-USSR MVD State Security Visor: The visor is undamaged and without a chin strap. Size is approximately a 56.
- Post-USSR Federal Protective Service Visor: The visor is undamaged and appears to be complete. Comes in a size 56.
- Kazakhstan Air Force Visor: The visor appears to be complete and free of damage. Offered in a size 56.
- East German Army Enlisted Visor: The visor appears to be complete and free of damage. Offered in a size 56.
These are all wonderful examples and are perfect for the young collector just starting out! All come more than ready for display.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle