Original Second Persian Gulf War Iraq Army Uniform and Equipment Lot-Republican Guard- U.S. Veteran Bring Back
Original Items: Only One Group Available. Ever since the beginning of time, when two or more countries were at war, soldiers would acquire items worn by the opposing force. Soldiers would swap uniform items with other soldiers, whether it be small pins and insignia to actual clothing and equipment. During WWII the allies would swap insignia, patches, boots etc and they would also “acquire” items worn and used by the opposing forces and send them home. The militaries of the 21st century still uphold the habit of acquiring these such items and this grouping is a prime example of that.
Surrendering Iraqi soldiers during the Invasion of Iraq led by U.S. forces would discard weapons and equipment all over the battlefield. There are many stories and accounts of American troops moving up to a position and all that would be left would be piles of uniforms, helmets, web gear and weapons. A Lot of Americans would stow away this gear in their packs in the hopes of sending them home or bringing them home on their person. This grouping was brought back in that fashion by an American who fought in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
The items included in this group are the following items:
- Unit Marked and Battle-Damaged Iraqi M59 Gasmask and Carrier. Type M-59 Iraqi gas mask of Yugoslav manufacture, based on a US pattern issued during the Vietnam War. During the reign of Saddam Hussein the Iraqi armed forces bought military technology and equipment from all over the world but also manufactured their own equipment of both indigenous and imported designs. The carrier appears to have been struck by a piece of shrapnel on the exterior entering the bag and without an exit hole. The Bag is also unit marked as well, which are a little more difficult to find. The mask itself is in typical condition that these are found in; used, dusty, and slightly melted.
- Iraqi Republican Guard Issue Uniform Shirt with Red Triangle Insignia. Unissued condition shirt with Iraqi Armed Forces Ministry label in the collar. Each arm has original velvet embroidered Republican Guard Insignia sewn on the upper arm.
- Iraqi Beret with Cap Device. Marked size 54cm. Black wool beret with cotton lining. Shows signs of heavy honest use in the desert.
- Iraqi Camouflage Uniform with Officer Rank 2nd Lieutenent slip-on rank insignia. Black and Red aiguillette affixed to the left side of the uniform. Jacket and Pants are in near perfect condition, showing very little wear. Jacket has the Iraqi Armed Forces Ministry label in the collar.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon