Original Japanese WWII Tetsubo Army Combat Helmet with Liner and Chinstrap named to Takiwakahe
Original Item: Only One Available. This is a very nice combat used example of the classic of the Tetsubo, also colloquially called the tetsukabuto ("steel helmet") by troops. Features include:
- Original 5 point metal star/ liner split pin on the front.
- Complete three tongue leather liner (no pads) with Japanese Kanji ink markings on reverse side.
- Original tie down chinstrap (worn)
- Original paint with minor wear and damage.
- Inside of shell named with original paint. It is written in Katanana under the front of the helmet: タ キ ワ カ ヘ, which is read as ta ki wa ka he. There is also a small marking under the front as well.
- Shell retains about 90% of the original paint with no dings or dents.
- Approximate size 7 1/4 (58cm).
A very nice example of a battle-worn Japanese helmet, with some definitely research potential. Ready to display!
The Imperial Japanese Army was the official ground based armed force of Imperial Japan from 1871 to 1945. It was controlled by the Imperial Army General Staff Office and the Ministry of War, both of which were nominally subordinate to the Emperor of Japan as supreme commander of the army and the navy. Later an Inspectorate General of Military (Army) Aviation, became the third agency with oversight over the army. During wartime or national emergencies, the nominal command functions of the emperor would be centralized in an Imperial General Headquarters (IGHQ), an ad-hoc body consisting of the chief and vice chief of the Army General Staff, the minister of war, the chief and vice chief of the Naval General Staff, the inspector general of military aviation, and the inspector general of military training. The Japanese Tetsubo, also colloquially called the tetsukabuto ("steel helmet") by troops, was a mainstay of the Imperial Japanese Army from its creation in 1932. Its construction from inferior chrome-molybdenum steel limited its ability to protect the wearer from gunfire or shrapnel.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle