Original Japanese WWII Army Type 92 Tetsubo Combat Helmet with Liner and Chinstrap - dated 1943
Original Item: Only One Available. This is a wonderful example of the classic Japanese Type 92 Tetsubo (鉄帽 - "steel cap") army helmet, also colloquially called the tetsukabuto ( 鉄 冑 "steel helmet") by Japanese troops.
- Service worn three tongue leather liner with Japanese Kanji ink markings on the reverse side, which include the date 昭 18 or Showa 18, for the Western year 1943.
- Original tie down chinstrap.
- Original paint with heavy wear.
- Inside of the shell has most of the original paint.
- Shell retains about 65% of the original paint with no dings or dents.
- Approximate size 7 1/4 (58cm), larger if you remove the pads
A very nice condition helmet, with most of the original paint, with the expected wear and chips from service. Also, it has a legible ink stamp on the liner. Star on front go the helmet is absent. These helmets are continuing to become harder and harder to find on the market, especially once with complete liner and chin strap systems. This example is still worthy of any WWII collection.
The Imperial Japanese Army was the official ground based armed force of Imperial Japan from 1871 to 1945. It was controlled by the Imperial Army General Staff Office and the Ministry of War, both of which were nominally subordinate to the Emperor of Japan as supreme commander of the army and the navy. Later an Inspectorate General of Military (Army) Aviation, became the third agency with oversight over the army. During wartime or national emergencies, the nominal command functions of the emperor would be centralized in an Imperial General Headquarters (IGHQ), an ad-hoc body consisting of the chief and vice chief of the Army General Staff, the minister of war, the chief and vice chief of the Naval General Staff, the inspector general of military aviation, and the inspector general of military training. The Japanese Tetsubo, also colloquially called the tetsukabuto ("steel helmet") by troops, was a mainstay of the Imperial Japanese Army from its creation in 1932. Its construction from inferior chrome-molybdenum steel limited its ability to protect the wearer from gunfire or shrapnel.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle