Original Japanese WWII Army Combat Helmet with Complete Liner and Partial Chinstrap - Tetsubo
Original Item: Only One Available. This is a very nice combat used example of the classic of the Tetsubo, also colloquially called the tetsukabuto ("steel helmet") by troops. Features include:
- Original 5 point metal star to front.
- Complete three tongue leather liner (with pads) with Japanese Kanji ink markings.
- Original tie down chinstrap, which is broken and missing a small portion.
- Correct color original paint on interior and exterior with the usual wear.
- Inside of shell marked with white paint.
- Shell retains about 80% of the original paint with no dings or dents, just some rust and missing paint.
- Approximate size 7 1/4 (58cm).
This is a great chance to pick up a very nice example of the Japanese WWII Tetsu-Bo helmet. These are getting harder to find in this condition on the market.
The Imperial Japanese Army was the official ground based armed force of Imperial Japan from 1871 to 1945. It was controlled by the Imperial Army General Staff Office and the Ministry of War, both of which were nominally subordinate to the Emperor of Japan as supreme commander of the army and the navy. Later an Inspectorate General of Military (Army) Aviation, became the third agency with oversight over the army. During wartime or national emergencies, the nominal command functions of the emperor would be centralized in an Imperial General Headquarters (IGHQ), an ad-hoc body consisting of the chief and vice chief of the Army General Staff, the minister of war, the chief and vice chief of the Naval General Staff, the inspector general of military aviation, and the inspector general of military training. The Japanese Tetsubo, also colloquially called the tetsukabuto ("steel helmet") by troops, was a mainstay of the Imperial Japanese Army from its creation in 1932. Its construction from inferior chrome-molybdenum steel limited its ability to protect the wearer from gunfire or shrapnel.
This product is available for international shipping.
Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Affirm