Original Japanese WWII 1298th Engineer Combat Battalion USGI Bring Back Box Grouping
Original Item: One-of-a-kind Set. This is a fantastic Bring Home box of war trophies from the Pacific Theater of World War Two. The wood ship home box measures 24 x 24 x 8 and is nicely marked on the exterior:
Pfc E. RICHARDSON
Co. C 1298th ENGR. C. Bn.
A.P.O. 929 C/O PM
San Fransisco, CALIF
Miss Jean Longwell
292 E. High St.
The box also has postage stamps, a U.S. Navy Stamp, and part of a paper bring back certificate still stapled to the lid.
Items contained inside the box are as follows:
- WWII era Jingasa, Kasa. The Asian conical hat, commonly known as an Asian rice hat, coolie hat (in the UK), or farmer's hat, is a simple style of conical hat originating in East, South, and Southeast Asia; and notable in modern-day nations and regions of Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, parts of Russian Manchuria and Vietnam. Hat is complete with straps and offered in very good condition.
- Cotton Rising Sun Japanese flag which measures 11 inches x 9" inches complete with corner ties. Offered in very good condition.
- Japanese WWII Arisaka Type 30 Bayonet with Wood Scabbard and Leather Frog. Offered in very good condition.
- Japanese WWII Arisaka Type 30 Bayonet with Steel Scabbard. Offered in very good condition.
- Loads of Japanese WW2 medals, insignia, pins, emblems and more (see photos).
Overall a really nice collection that has laid undisturbed since it was shipped home at the close of World War Two!
This product is available for international shipping.
Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Affirm