Original German WWII SS EM/NCO Leather Belt with Steel Buckle by RODO Robert C. Dold - Schutzstaffel
Original Item: Only One Available. This is a very good condition WWII German Schutzstaffel (SS) EM/NCO's Steel Painted Belt Buckle (Koppelschloß) with correct leather belt. It is embossed with a high relief, embossed, central motif pattern consisting of an SS style national eagle with out-stretched wings, clutching a wreath, encompassing a static swas. The swas and wreath are in turn encompassed by a circular, simulated, twisted rope border with the Gothic script motto, Meine Ehre heißt Treue!, (My Honor is Loyalty!). The original gray paint on the buckle is still well retained on the smooth parts of the buckle's front, as well as on the reverse.
The rear of the buckle by the clasp loop is marked RODO, for maker Robert C. Dold of Offenburg. The Steel construction indicates construction after 1940, when the switch was made from aluminum to steel.
The belt itself measures 41” when fully extended, and is marked 95 on the buckle end (95cm is about 37.4 inches), so the leather has stretched somewhat. It is definitely broken in, but condition is solid with no holes or tears, and leather is soft and pliable. It has the word KAISER carved into the back, near two additional sets of holes for the buckle prongs.
A very nice SS belt with buckle with loads of patina, ready to add to your collection!
History of the SS
The Allgemeine-SS, (General-SS), was originally formed in May 1923 under the auspices of the SA, Sturmabteilung, (Storm/Assault Detachment), as the Stosstrupp Adolf AH (Shock Troops). It was then redesignated Schutzstaffel, (Protection Squad), in April 1925, with the official acceptance of the name verified on the second anniversary of the failed Munich "Beer-Hall" Putsch on November 9th 1925.
As a subordinate unit to the SA, early SS personnel wore the standard SA style box belt buckle. It is believed that Adolf AH personally designed a new pattern box belt buckle specifically for wear by SS EM/NCO personnel with the manufacturing patent being originally granted to the Overhoff & Cie. firm in Lüdenscheid. This new style buckle was adopted for wear by EM/NCO personnel in late 1931 or early 1932. Generally the early buckles were produced in solid nickel/silver until sometime in 1936 when aluminum alloys replaced the nickel/silver versions. In 1940 the EM/NCO's belt buckles began to be manufactured in steel replacing the aluminum alloy buckles. The steel buckles were zinc coated than painted grey.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon