Original German WWII Splinter A Camouflage Pattern Parka Jacket Hood
Original Item: Only One Available. The severe cold encountered on the Russian front in the winter of 1941-42 found the Germans completely unprepared not only in heat retaining cold weather garments. This resulted in numerous, hastily improvised and makeshift heat retaining and snow camouflage items being utilized including everything from civilian winter clothing to white bed sheets. After the winter of 1941/42 the Oberkommando des Wehrmacht, (High Command of the Armed Forces), recognized the need for heavier winter clothing and testing began in the spring of 1942 to develop suitable garments.
The M43 fur-lined winter parka was designed in mid 1943 and featured with a full length button up front closure, it was introduced in early 1944. This Italian camouflage M43 Khakrov parka was made from spare fabric that the Germans liberated from Italian Army camps. The Khakrov Parka was so named as it was used by SS units fighting in the Cold winter of the Russian front .
M43 fur-lined parka featured with all the construction details include:
- Shell of the parka is made of Italian Camouflage cotton poplin with 9 x Germany army standard pebble grain hollow backed button front closure with an overlapping wind flap and an integral hood.
- Two breast pockets and two diagonally angled slash hip pockets all with scalloped button down flaps.
- The interior of the jacket are is fully lined in multi-panel mostly deep brown with some white rabbit fur to the body and grey quilted material to the sleeves.
- Fully rabbit fur lined oversized hood to accommodate a helmet.
Overall condition is very good and it is constructed in approximately a large size 42" chest. A fantastic 100% original M43 winter parka issued to SS tropps fighting on the Eastern Front!
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon