Original German WWII Panzer Bullion Breast Eagle, Medal & Insignia Lot - 7 Items
Original Items: Only One Lot of 7 Available. This is a wonderful opportunity, especially for the new collectors out there wanting to add a beautiful assortment of items to their collection. Whether you are wanting to get into collecting or just add to already existing collections, you do not want to miss out on this lot.
The Items Featured In This Lot:
- 1939 Iron Cross 2nd Class (EK2) With Ribbon: This is a lovely condition medal with signs of wear. The silvered edges have a beautiful patina to them with minor crazing and oxidation to the black painted center. A wonderful example!
- 3rd Class Black Wound Badge: The badge is in worn condition, totally genuine 3rd class Black Wound Badge with functional pin back and much of the original black finish.
- Heer Army Wehrmacht BeVO Wehrmacht Trapezoid Eagle and Cockade Patch: In unissued condition. Correct gray thread with a green background.
- (2) Wehrmacht Heer Pionier/Engineer Officer's Collar Tabs: The tabs appear to have been sewn on a tunic but were forcibly removed, more than likely by a soldier wanting a lovely souvenir! The edges are worn with some thread loss. The back of one is marked with a DRGM 1477996 sticker.
- German Panzer Officer's Bullion Breast Eagle: Constructed of a black felt background with hand embroidered silver bullion thread, held together with some standard silver thread, as originally produced. It does not look to have been ever installed on a uniform, and still has the original backing and stitching visible. There is some oxidation and plating loss on the bullion, but it still presents very nicely.
- German Panzer EM BeVo Breast Eagle: This example is uncut and unused. All threads and colors are still intact. Absolutely lovely condition.
All examples come more than ready to display!
The term panzer division (German: Panzerdivision) as commonly used in English language refers almost exclusively to the armored (tank) division in the army branch of the Wehrmacht and of NSDAP Germany during World War II. The panzer divisions were the key element of German success in the Blitzkrieg operations of the early years of the war. Later the Waffen-SS formed panzer divisions, and even the Luftwaffe fielded a panzer division, the Herman Goring Division. The term Panzerdivision is still used in today's Heer of the Bundeswehr (for example 1. Panzerdivision). In German speaking countries the term is not immediately associated with the Wehrmacht as it is in English speaking nations, as the word simply means 'armored division' and has no additional connotation.
A panzer division was a combined arms formation, having both tanks (German Panzerkampfwagen, "armored fighting vehicle", usually shortened to "Panzer") and infantry as organic components, along with artillery, anti-aircraft, signals, etc. However, the proportions of the components of a panzer division changed over time.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon