Original German WWII Model 39 Egg Hand Grenade Eihandgranate - Inert
Original Item: Very Few Available. Extremely rare M1939, M39 or Eierhandgranate (egg hand grenade) offered good condition. We have a very limited supply and each grenade has been demilitarized according to guidlines provided by the BATF. Features include:
- Original screw off fuze.
- Original paint.
- Original sheet metal body.
- Original German WW2 markings (may be very difficult to read)
- Minor or moderate rust and corrosion.
- Color of fuzes caps will vary and we cannot honor requests for specific colors.
- Top where fuze screws in may be unattached to body.
- Wings for fuzes are not included.
- German wartime markings may be very difficult to read (but will be present).The Model 39 Eihandgranate (or Eierhandgranate, "egg hand grenade") was a German hand grenade introduced in 1939 and produced until the end of World War II. The Eihandgranate used the same fuse assembly (the BZE 39) as the Model 43 Stielhandgranate ("Stick Grenade"), which was screwed into the top of the sheet-metal body. To activate, the domed cap was unscrewed, and the pull-cord that had been coiled inside it was tugged sharply before throwing at the target.
The color of the cap indicated the burning time of the type of fuze fitted. Typically, a delay of around 4 seconds was used. However, if a grenade was to be used as a fixed booby-trap then an instantaneous fuse would be fitted. Enemy soldiers who found seemingly discarded grenades would attempt to use them (expecting a standard time delay) only to be blown up the moment they tugged on the pull-cord. Another scenario was to wire an instantaneously fuzed grenade to a door-frame in an abandoned building. Then the pull-cord would be attached to the door. When the door was kicked open by opposing troops the grenade would detonate.
Red - 1 second delay (for coloured smoke, but also booby-traps)
Blue - 4.5 second delay (this was the standard fuze and the one most commonly issued)
Yellow - 7.5 seconds
As grenades were disposable, encountering them on the market is very rare, especially with the original fuze in place, making this an excellent opportunity to acquire one to complete a WW2 ordnance collection.
This product is not available for international shipping.
- This item is completely legal within the USA. International Military Antiques, Inc observes all Federal, State and Local laws. Everything for sale on ima-usa.com is completely legal to own, trade, transport and sell within the United States of America. Every display machinegun and machine gun parts set and gun sold by IMA, Inc is engineered to be inoperable according to guidelines provided by the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATF).
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon