Original German WWII Medal and Insignia Grouping with Eastern Front Medal and Event Tinnies - 11 Items
Original Items: Only One Set Available. This is a very nice collection of German WWII Insignia & Awards, which was brought back from the European theater by a USGI after the war was concluded. It includes an Eastern Front medal, some Wehrmacht Insignia, as well as various tinnie pins, given out at various events during NSDAP rule in Germany.
This lovely set includes:
- One German WWII Eastern Front Medal (Ostmedaille): The medal shows signs of wear and has surface oxidation and build-up. The Eastern Medal (German: Ostmedaille), officially the Winter Battle in the East 1941–42 Medal (German: Medaille Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42), was a military award of the Wehrmacht which was created by ordinance of Adolf H on 26 May 1942.
The Eastern Medal was awarded to any member of the Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS "in recognition of experience in the struggle against the Bolshevik enemy and the Russian winter within the period from 15 November 1941 to 15 April 1942." It was also awarded posthumously to any service member who died in the line of duty within the Soviet Union. It was wryly called the Frozen Meat Medal or the "Order of the Frozen Flesh" (German: Gefrierfleischorden).
- One German WWII Metal Summer Uniform Eagle. The pin on the back is missing, but looks t be brass, so this was probably for a Kriegsmarine Summer uniform.
- One German WWII Brass Heer Army DAK Tropical Pith Helmet Badge. Missing clips on the back.
- One German WWII DAF Labor Front Membership Stick Pin.
- SEVEN Pre-WWII NSDAP Event Tinnies. These look to include NSDAP Party Day, Labor day, and others. Some are quite worn and hard to read.
A wonderful totally genuine grouping perfect for the WWII Insignia German collector.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon