Original German WWII Kriegsmarine Naval Medal and Insignia Grouping
Original Items: Only One Set Available. Recently acquired from a veteran's estate this is one of the best medal and insignia groupings we have seen to date! The Kriegsmarine (War Navy) was the navy of Nazi Germany from 1935 to 1945, having superseded the interwar Reichsmarine. The Kriegsmarine was involved in World War II from its outset, and was originally intended to achieve a fleet power in parity with the UK Royal Navy per "Plan Z", implemented in January 1939. The breakout of WWII in September 1939 however caused a change in direction to favor U-Boat warfare, so plan Z was shelved for the remainder of the war.
This grouping is a fantastic set of German Kriegsmarine Medals and Insignia, which would be a worthy part of any collection. This grouping includes:
- Kriegsmarine Naval hat tally - Naval hat tallies were worn around the bottom of white naval caps, and could also be used to secure the cap under the chin if needed. These are usually black with gold lettering, and this example is 43 inches in overall length.
- Bullion Navy Officer Eagle. The standard Officer eagle as worn on the Kriegsmarine uniform.
- Medic Navy Rank Chevron. This chevron indicates that the soldier was a medic, and had the rank of Matrosenobergefreiter.
- Navy Destroyer War Badge. This metal badge, also known as the Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen, is a military decoration awarded to and awarded to officers and crew for service on Kriegsmarine destroyers.
- Black Wound Badge. The Wound Badge (German: Verwundetenabzeichen) was a military decoration first promulgated by Wilhelm II, German Emperor on 3 March 1918, which was awarded to wounded or frostbitten soldiers of the Imperial German Army, during World War I. Between the world wars, it was awarded to members of the German armed forces who fought on the Nationalist side of the Spanish Civil War, 193839, and received combat related wounds. It was awarded to members in the Reichswehr, the Wehrmacht, SS and the auxiliary service organizations during the Second World War. After March 1943, due to the increasing number of Allied bombings, it was also awarded to wounded civilians in air raids. It was awarded when the wound was the result of enemy hostile action, with an exception being for frost-bite.
- Iron Cross 1st Class (Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - abbreviated as EK I or E.K.I.) The Iron Cross was awarded for bravery in battle as well as other military contributions in a battlefield environment.
- Navy Cap Badge. Standard badge worn on the front of naval caps and hats.
This product is available for international shipping.
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon