Original German WWI & WWII Insignia Grouping - Medals, Badges, & Tinnies - 9 Items
Original Items: Only One Group of 9 Available. This is a wonderful opportunity, especially for the new collectors out there wanting to add a beautiful assortment of items to their collection. Whether you are wanting to get into collecting or just add to already existing collections, you do not want to miss out on this lot.
The Pieces Included Are:
- One German WWI Era "DRA" Sports Badge by H. WERNSTEIN of JENA-LÖBSTEDT. The German Sports Badge, also known as the "German National Sports Badge" was first created in the year 1913 and is one of the oldest awards of Germany still in active circulation. The badge has an oak leaf wreath around the overlapping letters DRA, standing for Deutscher Reichsausschuss für Leibesübungen (German National Committee for Physical Education). At first the German Sports Badge was only issued to men for the completion of various physical tests. In 1921 it was renamed to Deutsches Turn- und Sportabzeichen and women were eligible as well. The badge is in lovely condition.
- One German WWII Western Wall / Siegfried Line Metal with Ribbon. The West Wall Medal (Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen) was a decoration of NSDAP Germany. It was instituted on 2 August 1939 and was given to those who designed and built the fortifications on Germany's western borders, known as the Westwall or, in English, the Siegfried Line, between 15 June 1938 to 31 March 1939. On 13 November 1939 eligibility was extended to include servicemen of the Wehrmacht who served on the Westwall for at least ten weeks. In all 622,064 medals were awarded until 31 January 1941, when awards of the medal ceased. This early version was made of solid bronze. The back has the statement FÜR ARBEIT ZUM SCHUTZE DEUTSCHLANDS - "For Work to Protect Germany."
- One German WWII Civil Service Faithful Service Medal 2nd Class: The second class award for 25 years of service was a silver cross, with a silver wreath and a black enameled swas in the center of the cross. The reverse is stamped with Für treue Dienste (For faithful Services). The ribbon for the medal is unfortunately missing.
- One German WWII RLB Lufschutz Membership Door Plaque. This 2 3/4" diameter small plaque reads Mitglied des Reichsluftschutzbundes (Member of the Reich Air Raid Protection Association) over unit Ldsgr. Rhld. Westf., so this was most likely used for someone in the Rheinland region of Westaphalia.
- One German WWII Miniature Ribbon Bar for 2 Awards - Eastern Front Medal and Sudetenland Medal.
- One German Pre-WWII 1 MAI 1939 (May Day, labor day) Tinnie with pinback. Somewhat oxidized.
- One German WWII 1943 Heer Kuban Bridgehead Shield Decoration - Ärmelschild Kuban. This example is missing the fabric backing and securing pin, and of the four clips used to secure it, only two remain. The original finish is well retained on both sides.
- One German WWII Mothers Cross 2nd Class in Silver, for eligible mothers with 6 or 7 children. Much of the silver color is retained, however it shows wear with denting and bending at the edges. The enamel has flaked in spots, and the original ribbon is missing.
- One Small German WWII Stamped Metal Cap Eagle. Has 3 of 4 folding prongs still intact.
A wonderful totally genuine grouping perfect for the German Medal and Insignia collector.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon