Original Cold War Military Hat Collection - Various Countries - 5 hats
Original Items: Only One Available. This is a wonderful assortment of military and police covers from the Cold War era. All items are genuine and in great complete condition. The following items are included:
- Austrian Police Peaked Visor: The visor features beautiful bullion insignia on the front of the Austrian Coat of Arms. The visor is dated 1982 and still has the manufacturers tag sewn on the inside. The visor is a size 56.
- British Coldstream Guards Peaked Visor: The visor is complete and in great condition. The tag on the inside says the visor is a size 58 and was produced by Compton Webb (Headdress) Ltd in 1966. The Coldstream Guards is the oldest continuously serving regular regiment in the British Army. As part of the Household Division, one of its principal roles is the protection of the monarchy; due to this, it often participates in state ceremonial occasions. The Regiment has consistently provided formations on deployments around the world and has fought in the majority of the major conflicts in which the British Army has been engaged. Active from 1650 to present day.
- British “No 2” Peaked Visor: The visor is a post war and often referred to as a “Number 2” visor. The visor is dated 1964 and is attributed to the Queen’s Regiment of the British Army. The condition is great except for the leather sweatband, it shows signs of heavy wear and usage. The front of the visor features the unit insignia for the Queens Regiment. The Queen's Regiment (QUEENS) was an infantry regiment of the British Army formed in 1966 through the amalgamation of the four regiments of the Home Counties Brigade. Then, until 1971 the regiment remained one of the largest regiments in the army, with 10 battalions, however these were reduced to join 6, and later 5 battalions. Following the Dissolution of the Soviet Union, the Options for Change reform was published and the regiment amalgamated with the Royal Hampshire Regiment to form the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment.
- U.S. Army Officer Peaked Visor: This type of visor was used during the Vietnam/Late Cold War era. The visor is a heavy green wool/felt construction and features the large “officer’s eagle” on the front and bullion wreath laurels on the front for officers. The visor is in near mint condition.
- WWI U.S. Winter Hat: The hat is of canvas construction with wool lining and is offered in mint unissued condition at a size 7 ⅛. The tag on the inside indicates that it was produced by the Gauss-Langenberg Hat Co. in September of 1918, months before the Armistice.
This is a wonderful starter group, or a great way to add some beautiful hats and visors to your already existing collection! All are beautiful and ready for display.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle