Original British Queen's Crown Irish Guards Bandsman's Uniform Set with Bearskin Helmet - Recent Issue
Original Item: Only one Set Available. The Irish Guards are best known for being on parade around Buckingham Palace. The regiment was raised in 1900, specifically at the request of Queen Victoria, to commemorate the many Irish Soldiers who served and died in the then just concluded BOER WAR. This uniform bears the Queen's Crown, so it was issued during the reign of Queen Elizabeth II, whose reign began in 1953.
This great set consists of the following items:
- Red Melton Cloth Tunic with very nice regimental Buttons, and Blue collar facings decorated with Shamrocks. There is a name written on the back, and the original faded size label is still present.
- Dark blue Coveralls (pants) with thin red line to sides, also with the original faded size label still present.
- White General Service buff leather waist belt with brass buckle, which has markings on the inner side.
- Wicker-frame supported bearskin helmet complete with chinstrap.
The helmet bears the blue horse hair hackle over the right ear, as in battle their place was on the right wing. This particular Tunic is fitted with BANDSMAN'S wide Shoulder Epaulets that can be easily removed if so desired. Regrettably the Mannequin is not included.
Original Government surplus, released in 1990, in ready to display condition.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle