Original British Army Royal Highland Fusiliers Sergeant Cane Swagger Stick
Original Item: Only One Available. The Royal Highland Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Scotland (2 SCOTS) is an infantry battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland.
Prior to 28 March 2006, the Royal Highland Fusiliers was an infantry regiment in its own right, created by the then amalgamation of the Royal Scots Fusiliers with the Highland Light Infantry (City of Glasgow Regiment) in January 1959.
The regiment was formed on 20 January 1959 by the then amalgamation of the Royal Scots Fusiliers with the Highland Light Infantry (City of Glasgow Regiment). The Royal Highland Fusiliers remained an infantry regiment in its own right; the Royal Highland Fusiliers (Princess Margaret's Own Glasgow and Ayrshire Regiment) was part of the Scottish Division, and abbreviated as 'The RHF'.
The regiment was initially based at Redford Barracks in Edinburgh and was deployed to Singapore Lines in Aden in 1960. The battalion band played at independence ceremonies in Hargeisa in 1960. Then it was posted to St. Patricks barracks in Malta in 1961. The regiment then moved to Mons Barracks in Iserlohn in 1963. The battalion went to Cyprus as part of the United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus for six months in 1965 and then to Fort George in 1967. In 1968 the regiment was deployed to Gibraltar for six months on frontier duties after General Franco closed the frontier between Spain and Gibraltar. The regiment undertook five tours in Northern Ireland during the Troubles in the 1970s. It relocated to Kiwi Barracks at Bulford Camp in 1970. The regiment did a two-year posting to Malaysia, then returned to Redford Barracks in 1973 and moved on to Barrosa Barracks at Hemer in 1979.
The regiment moved to Palace Barracks at Holywood in 1983, went on to Berlin in 1985 and returned to Redford Barracks before going to Oakington Barracks at Cambridge in 1989. After taking part in the Gulf War in 1991, the regiment moved to St Barbara Barracks at Fallingbostel in 1993 from where it deployed units to Bosnia in 1994 and to Macedonia and Kosovo in 1999.
The regiment moved back to Fort George in July 2000 and to Salamanca Barracks in Cyprus in September 2003. The battalion was involved in Operation TELIC IV in Iraq in Summer 2004 and then in Operation TELIC VI in Iraq in Spring 2006.
As part of the Delivering Security in a Changing World Review of the Armed Forces, the regiment was amalgamated with the other regiments of the Scottish Division to become the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland which was formed on 28 March 2006. The battalion moved to Glencorse Barracks in Penicuik at the same time.
In Summer 2015 units of the battalion were deployed to Afghanistan to train the Afghan National Army.
Currently as a light role battalion under the command of 51st Infantry Brigade, the battalion also has responsibility for public duties in Edinburgh.
This fine example dates between anywhere between 1959 and 1989. It measures 34" in overall length and has a silver plated top mount bearing an embossed regimental badge of the Royal Highland Fusiliers.
The Sergeant stick is made from high quality MALACCA cane with silver plated mounts both top and bottom. Far and away rarer than any Swagger stick, these are always hard to find. In fine condition showing a few dents to the silver top.
This product is available for international shipping.
Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Affirm