New Made Item: Countless customers have asked how best to restore an Antique gun without damaging the historical value. Well, now we have an answer! Developed by Master gunsmith and restorer Dennis Duval, IMA is proud to offer, for the very first time, a complete restoration kit ideally suited to cleaning, restoring and caring for our numerous Antique rifles and Muskets, especially our line of "untouched" guns. This kit is designed to restore your gun without destroying the original finish of the stock, patina of the steel, or the lure of the brass.
Every kit is intended to restore one antique long gun, and is comprised of these 10 separate components:
- Liquid Soap Concentrate- (Potassium Methyl Cyclohexy Oleate): Alkaline soap is a non-acid, non-corrosive, non-hazardous, germicidal cleaner for practically everything from paper to stone. Compared with harsh acid based cleaners, soap is not harmful to health or property. Soap attacks and emulsifies dirt, mineral oils, fatty oils, waxes and hydrocarbons. A final rinse or wipe with clean water neutralizes the surface. Soap is supplied as a dense concentrate and MUST be diluted before use. For normal aqueous cleaning: one part soap to six parts tap water (by Volume) is sufficient. As a spirit soap, one part soap in ten-twenty parts solvent will be effective. As Soap is a highly effective de-greaser hands should be protected against the loss o natural oils by wearing gloves (provided in kit). Eyes should also be protected from splashing.
- Surface Cleaner & Polish- Gently abrasive paste for non-scratch cleaning of metals. Formulation is based on blended Neuberg silica chalks in a water/white spirit emulsion. Under normal use, the product is not a health hazard. cleaning/burnishing action is achieved with extremely fine control using a soft rag and soft/moderate pressure. After a few minutes of air-drying, residual chalky deposit is easily wiped away with a clean rag, leaving surfaces dry and silk-smooth.
- Wax Polish- Micro-crystalline wax/polish ultra refined waxes blended to a formula approved for and used by the British Museum and fine art restores internationally. It conifers a highly efficient moisture resistance. When thinly applied and rubbed out to the full luster, the wax film is, and remains, glass-clear with no discoloration either to the wax or underlying surface.
- Pen Oiler- Mineral oil blended penetrating oil with extra handy applicator tip.
- Wood Treatment Oils- A unique blend of natural emollients of boiled linseed oil, oleoresins, and wood preservers.
- 0000 Steel Wool
- 00 Steel Wool
- 1 Small Copper
- 1 Pair EX-Large Latex Gloves
- Detailed Restoration Instruction Manual
This kit will get you 90% of the way to a cleaned and fine antique gun, but a few other materials might be needed depending on the job. Materials such as: Tooth Picks, Rags, basic tools, toothbrush, extra steel wool, etc...
This product is available for international shipping.
Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Affirm