Original U.S. WWII Named USN Seaman LST-554 Deck Jacket - Knife - Photo Album
Original Items: One-of-a-kind Set. Seaman 1st Class Eugene Whitney Campbell 9866940 served in the United States Navy during World War Two and was assigned to tank landing craft LST-554.
LST-554 was laid down on 30 January 1944 at Evansville, Indiana, by the Missouri Valley Bridge and Iron Company. She was launched on 18 March 1944, sponsored by Mrs. T. R. Davis, and commissioned on 27 April 1944. During World War II, LST-554 was assigned to the Pacific Theater of Operations. She participated in the capture and occupation of the southern Palau Islands in September and October 1944. She then took part in the Philippines campaign, participating in the Leyte landings in October and November 1944 and the Lingayen Gulf landings in January 1945. She then participated in the assault on and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945.
Included in this set are the following items:
- Size 40 WW2 Deck Jacket stenciled in the from E.W. CAMPBELL 9866940, on the reverse CAMPBELL LST 554. Jacket is in very good condition. The interior tag is also named to CAMPBELL.
- Fantastic WWII photo album with gold embossed initials to the front that read E.W.C. featuring more than 100 original Wartime Photos. Album is in fragile condition but photos are in very good condition.
- WWII Western L66 Fighting Knife with matching leather scabbard. A fighting knife, also commonly called a combat knife, is a knife designed for military use, specifically for close combat. Although since the end of trench warfare, most military knives have been primarily designed for utility or tool use. These were commonly private purchase knives during the war. The knife consists of a brown leather compressed ring handle. Where the top and bottom portions employed a combination of colors for aesthetic effect. The pommel is made of aluminum. Some examples were produced with steel and wood. Overall good condition with some minor to moderate discoloration staining to the blade.
- Copy of a 1946 Muster Roll for LST 554 naming E.W. CAMPBELL 9866940.
Collar to shoulder: 10”
Shoulder to sleeve: 25”
Shoulder to shoulder: 18”
Chest width: 20”
Waist width: 18”
Hip width: 20”
Front length: 30.5”
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle